• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

La Clippers to pursue Iguodala?

• Premium Member

Will Clips Offer Iguodala A Contract?

Andre Iguodala | 76ers

The Los Angeles Clippers, who lost unrestricted free agent forward Elton Brand to the 76ers last week, are trying to determine which remaining free agent might best fit their needs. And, according to a rumor circulating through the NBA, it could be the Sixers' Andre Iguodala.

The rumor suggested that the Clippers, via coach Mike Dunleavy, already have had contact with Iguodala, who was in Las Vegas Saturday to watch the Sixers' summer league team play the Denver Nuggets. The contact, though, supposedly came in the days before that game. -- Philadelphia Daily News

# With the free-agent addition of Brand, the focus for the 76ers is retaining two key players: guard-forward Andre Iguodala and guard Louis Williams.

Both are restricted free agents, meaning the Sixers have the right to match any offer made to either player.

Last night, Brand said he has been assured by management that it will, indeed, match any offer made to Iguodala. -- The Philadelphia Inquirer

• Premium Member

Better to see the Sixers weakened than the Bobcats... but I have to think the Clips are merely getting all of their options on the table so that they can evaluate which is the most productive one to pursue both in terms of talent and contract... in other words, getting the most bang for buck.

The Clips next move is a tough one becausee it will tie up their cap space while there is a response to their contract. And in the meantime other teams will sigh the other players they have been interested in. I think they are screwed unless they come up with something really shrewed.

Quote:

The Clips next move is a tough one becausee it will tie up their cap space while there is a response to their contract. And in the meantime other teams will sigh the other players they have been interested in. I think they are screwed unless they come up with something really shrewed.

It doesn't seem like they're in a rush. They've waited a good week to decide who they'll offer a contract to, what's another week to wait for the other team to match.

Quote:

Better to see the Sixers weakened than the Bobcats... but I have to think the Clips are merely getting all of their options on the table so that they can evaluate which is the most productive one to pursue both in terms of talent and contract... in other words, getting the most bang for buck.

Yeah, I wouldn't say they are any closer to offering Iggy a contract than they are Oka and Smith.

Here's what I'd be thinking if I were Baylor though. I have a boatload of money right now and a team with two legit starters, a point guard and a center, two athletic/talented but raw wings, and a gaping hole at the PF position. I offer a big contract to Iggy and give myself some bball IQ and defense at the wing and then make a move for Zach Randolph to fill my PF spot.

I'm not sure if they'd have to trade Mobley of if they'd still have room to absorb some of Zach's contract after signing Iggy but they could go into the season with.

Davis

Iggy

Thornton

Randolph

Kaman

With Gordon as the super sixth man.