• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We have closet Smith haters here!

Peoriabird

Quote:

I'll be willing to bet that if this were Joe Johnson's or Al Horford's free agent year, there will be countless number of threads encouraging the ASG to sign them at all cost. There would be very few sign and trade proposals on this board period for those 2 players!

So is this to suggest that we should ALL have equal love for JJ, Smith and Horford? How about Marvin, Chill and Acie? Zaza, Solomon and Speedy? Who decides who is a part of the "equal love/hate" club and who isn't?

IMO, JJ's value to this team is higher than Smith's or any other player. I don't think that makes me a Smith hater, I just value JJ more.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

I DEFINITELY want Smoove back (and I would have matched ANY offer to him)

And Clearly the posters that wanted Smith playing for the hawks made the above statement perfectly clear! They stated clearly that they valued Smith over the like of Kaman, Dalembert, Camby etc. But the closet posters were proposing all kinds of sign and trade proposals!

Quote:

You are calling other people passive-aggressive? Talk about being hypocritical. You can't even answer a simple question relating to the thread that you started.

uglyhammer.gif I think it is clear, Dolfan, that he does not have anyone in mind.

He is clearly being a coward here hiding behind his thread. I'm sure he has people in mind but he can't stand the backlash that will come from the people who will be able to prove based on their past posts that they want Smith to be here.

• Premium Member

Quote:

So is this to suggest that we should ALL have equal love for JJ, Smith and Horford?

I'm not criticizing anyone for not liking a certain player. What I'm bring to light is that some poster pretend to support a player but in reality want him gone. When a poster proposes a trade of Smith for Dalembert, you have to assume that this poster doesn't think much of Smith. But he hide his dislike for smith by posting things like the ASG had no choice but to make that trade. Otherwise they would lose Smith without getting anything in return.

• Premium Member

I didn't agree with you at first, but after reading some of these posts and some of the threads occupying the first and second pages of homecourt, it's obvious that you may be on to something here. Hate is a strong word to use in this case, but I get the point you are trying to make. I've always heard that hurt dogs will holler and there's an awful lot of yelping in response to this thread.

Quote:

I think that people who prefer a Smith trade are afraid to make it clear because it would reduce their status on a
very Smith friendly message board!

Wait, so which is it? In the first post in the thread you were calling out the general board for being Smith "haters." Now it's "a very Smith friendly message board."

And why does every one of your sentences have to end with an exclamation point! What's up with that!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I didn't agree with you at first, but after reading some of these posts and some of the threads occupying the first and second pages of homecourt, it's obvious that you may be on to something here. Hate is a strong word to use in this case, but I get the point you are trying to make. I've always heard that hurt dogs will holler and there's an awful lot of yelping in response to this thread.

I apologize for using the word Hate.

To Dolfan, you honestly think I can remember who posted what on this board. For you to act like you didn't see people saying they would trade Smoove for Kaman and a 1st or even Dalembert at one time is simply not being truthful.

Traceman, what is your definition of overachievement for a ball player? Mines is a player who comes in with low expectations and has others who were picked ahead of him thought to succeed more. Having analyst doubt you from day one and call you a likely bust. Becoming a major contributer for a team when there were three other players picked ahead of you on your team who you are clearly better than(MW,SWChillz). Demanding a big pay raise because of your talents and being pursued more than other RFA(Okafor,Deng,Gordan,etc) even though they also were higher draft choices.

Should I go on or do you get my point?

As for Bibby, ZaZa and Marvin its not all about talent in wanting to replace them(though it is first on the list). Its me believing there combined 20+ mil in salary could be used for better players or players who will help fit what this team needs more right now.

Quote:

closet posters

This statement contradicts itself! There can be no "closet posters" because this is a public forum and can be read by anyone with an internet connection! The premise of this thread is falling apart at the seams! Katie bar the door!

Don't get it twisted, I would have matched any OFFER (meaning offer sheet) to him but there are players out there who I would trade Smoove for (Bosh, A. Stoudemire, etc).

That said, all things being equal, I'd definitely take Smoove over Kaman, Dalembert or Camby.

Quote:

To Dolfan, you honestly think I can remember who posted what on this board. For you to act like you didn't see people saying they would trade Smoove for
Kaman and a 1st
or even Dalembert at one time is simply not being truthful.

Traceman, what is your definition of overachievement for a ball player? Mines is a player who comes in with low expectations and has others who were picked ahead of him thought to succeed more. Having analyst doubt you from day one and call you a likely bust. Becoming a major contributer for a team when there were three other players picked ahead of you on your team who you are clearly better than(MW,SWChillz). Demanding a big pay raise because of your talents and being pursued more than other RFA(Okafor,Deng,Gordan,etc) even though they also were higher draft choices.

As for Bibby, ZaZa and Marvin its not all about talent in wanting to replace them(though it is first on the list). Its me believing there combined 20+ mil in salary could be used for better players or players who will help fit what this team needs more right now.

What's wrong with that ? Just like Josh Smith is a rare and hot commodity, so is a player like Chris Kaman.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

closet posters

This statement contradicts itself! There can be no "closet posters" because this is a public forum and can be read by anyone with an internet connection! The premise of this thread is falling apart at the seams! Katie bar the door!

Closet merely means that your true intent is disguised.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Don't get it twisted, I would have matched any OFFER (meaning offer sheet) to him but there are players out there who I would trade Smoove for (Bosh, A. Stoudemire, etc).

Of course we would all trade Smith for Howard, Labron, Kobe etc but those trades were never proposed. But the ones for Dalembert were!

Quote:

Quote:

To Dolfan, you honestly think I can remember who posted what on this board. For you to act like you didn't see people saying they would trade Smoove for
Kaman and a 1st

What's wrong with that ? Just like Josh Smith is a rare and hot commodity, so is a player like Chris Kaman.

Kaman a rare player. something.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kaman and a 1st

Kaman a rare player. something.gif

Yeah, because every team has a 7 footer who averages 16/13/3 and can shoot FTs.

talent. In fact, Smoove was considered to be a top 5 TALENT in his draft class. The reason he dropped to #17 was because of questions about his work ethic/attitude and whether they would allow him to realize all that potential. If he had not turned out as one of the best players in this draft, he would have UNDERACHIEVED.

I don't know of ANYBODY who thought that Chillz had more potential than Smoove but I think a LOT of teams thought Chillz was more likely to realize the talent that he did have than Smoove was. To Smoove's credit, he has worked on his game and he has proven that passing on him because of those questions was a mistake but that doesn't mean he has "overachieved." All that means is that he didn't "underachieve." He SHOULD be one of the best players in his draft class and he is.

Note - Marvin and Shelden were NOT picked ahead of Smoove. Each draft class is different and Smoove would have been a top 5 pick in EITHER of those drafts. He very well could have been the #1 overall pick in Shelden's draft.