• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Predicament

Hawk88

• Premium Member

Quote:

It doesn't matter how many years into rebuilding they were. They had 4 rookies playing prominant roles. Deng was 20 and a rookie. Gordon was a rookie. Hinrich was in his second season. Curry and Chandler were in their 4th seasons.

And I still don't know how that team won but one possible explanation is Scott Skiles.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

It doesn't matter how many years into rebuilding they were. They had 4 rookies playing prominant roles. Deng was 20 and a rookie. Gordon was a rookie. Hinrich was in his second season. Curry and Chandler were in their 4th seasons.

Also doesn't matter that the team was the exception and not the rule right?

Because we conveniently ignore that so we can bash the Hawks

Quote:

Quote:

Also doesn't matter that the team was the exception and not the rule right?

Because we conveniently ignore that so we can bash the Hawks

Not surprisingly you missed the whole point.

The point is that if you trade away a high profile RFA it very rarely works out well.

Quote:

For the two Josh's being a such high priority, there has been a whole lot of nothing done by the ASG.

That's how it seems, though I am sure they're in negotiations behind the scenes. It's frustrating that it's taken this long, but it's taking this long for all the other RFA's out there too- if there's any solace in that. But once one guy signs, the rest might just fall in like dominoes. That would be nice anyway....

I just really hope the ASG isn't being cheesy and lame and trying to give these guys low-ball offers or something. Give them a fair rate. For example, I agree with those who think a 5/60 deal for Smoove would be fair and reasonable for both sides. It gives the Hawks 5 years of an ascending Smoove, and it gives Smoove obviously 60 million bucks. tongue.gif And then at the end of that he'll still only be 27 years old, and if things play out right and he's lived up to his potential, he could be in position at that time to go for a max deal. That seems fair, doesn't it?

For an ownership group who's blown *so* much wind about how important it was that they 'keep the core together', well they had probably better keep the core together lest they look like full-blown hypocrites and liars. I think they most likely will, but who knows. Ya never know what to expect with these guys...

If I were JS and they lowballed me..which ASG surely will....I would take the "tender offer" and go out and kick ass (for the first ten games)...then tweak a hamstring...play maybe 20 more games until the playoffs...play the playoffs on the outside chance that the Hawks got there anyway...then be an unrestricted F/A and KILL.