• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prince and Amir for Smoove?

WraithSentinel

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php...17486&start=495

A Detroit radio station is reporting (or reported) that the Pistons have made an offer for a s&t of Smith. Basically it is Prince and Amir for Josh.

Take this for whatever it is. It was made by a respectful member on that page. Now the radio station could be another story.

That would be an interesting trade. I am at the stage right now where I preparing myself for Smoove actually moving on. I am not buying into the Smoove vs Woodson rumors. There might be some problems if this team has not reach an agreement by now with Smove. This thing should have been taken care of already. Either ASG is lowballing Smoove or him and his agents are off their rocker asking for $70+ mil.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I was just reading that same forum.

Apparently, the same radio station was speculating that Biedrins could be had with the MLE. Doesn't sound like they're exactly "in the know."

That's a pitiful offer, to be sure.

idk i kinda like this trade,i dont want to see josh go,but just like you,im preparing myself to see him go.Amir is young and talented,but there really is no point unless he's gonna play Center.Horf would still probably start at Center

• Premium Member

I definitely don't like this offer, and I'm sure it's not one of the better ones Sund has been receiving.

For one, you want to trade him to the WC if you have a choice. For two, you don't want another SF if you trade him.

• Premium Member

Another Pistons' board is reporting that Arron Afflalo is mentioned in the deal as well.

One thing we have to take into consideration is that the Detroit media is very active - not NY active, but close. They have the audience necessary to make up crap and sell papers.

Prince, Amir, and Afflalo aren't enough to make me excited, but it's better than losing him for nothing. The big problem is that we either have to move Marvin to PF, to the bench, or trade him. That would mean 2 new starters next year and starting our chemistry from scratch.

I could see Woody wanting some Detroit trained players though.

Could Marvin play PF. With his mid range jumper he could be almost like Karl Malone (who never really played in the post). His rebounding would have to improve but I don't know he may can do it. I am know way saying that MArvin is or will ever be as good as Malone.

That is a terrible trade, and I'm really thinking it's made up.

If it was Rasheed Wallace, Arron Afflalo, and Amir Johnson , I might think about it. However, Detroit would still have to throw in a draft pick to make me want to trade Josh Smith.

EDIT: You know what..scratch that. I don't know what I was thinking. The whole idea behind getting Rasheed Wallace would be to allow Smith to play 3, but if he gets traded, then it's pointless.

Quote:

Throw in a #1 and I would do that for Amir and Prince.

Then I would ship Marvin off for Bierdens (via sign and trade).

Bibby

Johnson

Prince

Horford

Bierdens

Law/Claxton

Richardson/Jackson

Childress

Solo/Johnson

Golden State just signed Maggette and already has Wright and Harrington who all play basically the same position as Marvin. I doubt the have any interest in him.

Zaza

That would be a REAL nice team.