• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prince and Amir for Smoove?

WraithSentinel

Quote:

Quote:

Throw in a #1 and I would do that for Amir and Prince.

Then I would ship Marvin off for Bierdens (via sign and trade).

Bibby

Johnson

Prince

Horford

Bierdens

Law/Claxton

Richardson/Jackson

Childress

Solo/Johnson

Golden State just signed Maggette and already has Wright and Harrington who all play basically the same position as Marvin. I doubt the have any interest in him.

Zaza

That would be a REAL nice team.

Thing about Golden State is they interchange their players at different positions. Like they will have Wright play the 4 or the 5 and even AL playing the 3 or the 4 (if hes even around this year). Just depends on matchups.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby

Johnson

Prince

Horford

Bierdens

Law/Claxton

Richardson/Jackson

Childress

Solo/Johnson

Golden State just signed Maggette and already has Wright and Harrington who all play basically the same position as Marvin. I doubt the have any interest in him.

Zaza

Thing about Golden State is they interchange their players at different positions. Like they will have Wright play the 4 or the 5 and even AL playing the 3 or the 4 (if hes even around this year). Just depends on matchups.

Why would they give up Biedrins (their starting C) to fill a position they already have filled with a player who is better than Marvin ?

Unless Josh Smith really is considering taking the QO, the ball is in our court. I'm definitely a Tayshaun Prince fan but I can't do this deal personally. Amir Johnson hasn't done anything. If he had shown more of his potential on a consistent basis then MAYBE. Also, if we do this deal Marvin Williams will have to be moved or sent to the bench.

If at the trade deadline a soon-to-be rebuilding team is ready to give us a top notch PG or C for Bibby/Marvin then that would be enticing.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby

Johnson

Prince

Horford

Bierdens

Law/Claxton

Richardson/Jackson

Childress

Solo/Johnson

Zaza

Why would they give up Biedrins (their starting C) to fill a position they already have filled with a player who is better than Marvin ?

They just lost Azubuike, Pietrus who can both play the 2 or the 3 and Matt Barnes isnt even resigned (yet) and al harrington (forward/center via nba.com) may not be on the team next year, even if he is, he can play the 4 and the 5 for them. Yeah they signed Maggette, but do you not think you wont see Ellis and Maggette in the same back court next year in different scenarios?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby

Johnson

Prince

Horford

Bierdens

Law/Claxton

Richardson/Jackson

Childress

Solo/Johnson

Zaza

They just lost Azubuike, Pietrus who can both play the 2 or the 3 and Matt Barnes isnt even resigned (yet) and al harrington (forward/center via nba.com) may not be on the team next year, even if he is, he can play the 4 and the 5 for them. Yeah they signed Maggette, but do you not think you wont see Ellis and Maggette in the same back court next year in different scenarios?

Ellis isn't a PG, which is why they are still looking for one. Maggette could play SG, but he's really a SF. Not to mention they still have Stephen Jackson. On top of that, they drafted another SF. They've got Brandon Wright and Al Harrington to play PF. I also think they drafted another PF. Also, chances are they will resign Matt Barnes. So tell me, why would they trade their only rebounder and their best big for Marvin Williams again ?

As far as I know Marvin was a PF in high school and he was a PF at UNC too so I definitely think that he can play there, although with him actually being closer to 6'7 than 6'9 and not really being a banger I'm not sure how effective he could be there.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby

Johnson

Prince

Horford

Bierdens

Law/Claxton

Richardson/Jackson

Childress

Solo/Johnson

Zaza

Ellis isn't a PG, which is why they are still looking for one. Maggette could play SG, but he's really a SF. Not to mention they still have Stephen Jackson. On top of that, they drafted another SF. They've got Brandon Wright and Al Harrington to play PF. I also think they drafted another PF. Also, chances are they will resign Matt Barnes. So tell me, why would they trade their only rebounder and their best big for Marvin Williams again ?

You arent listening. The players they have play multiple positions. Trying to pigeon whole the players into 1 position is ludacris. Matt Barnes is not signed as of yet so you cant count on him returning, especially if they find a better option. Croeshere gone, Azubeuke gone, Pietrus gone. Brandon Wright also plays center, I dont know if you noticed that when they came to Atlanta last year when Bierdens was hurt. And Ellis will be bringing the ball up the floor quite a bit, I dont care if hes labeled a PG or not. Randolph is a rookie and with his size he could play any of number of positions up front(if hes even ready), especially if they play 'small ball'. Not saying the trade happends, but to say Marvin doesnt make any sense there is not true.

Quote:

As far as I know Marvin was a PF in high school and he was a PF at UNC too so I definitely think that he can play there, although with him actually being closer to 6'7 than 6'9 and not really being a banger I'm not sure how effective he could be there.

if we played Marvin at the PF it toughen him up some. That would not be a bad thing.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby

Johnson

Prince

Horford

Bierdens

Law/Claxton

Richardson/Jackson

Childress

Solo/Johnson

Zaza

You arent listening. The players they have play multiple positions. Trying to pigeon whole the players into 1 position is ludacris. Matt Barnes is not signed as of yet so you cant count on him returning, especially if they find a better option. Croeshere gone, Azubeuke gone, Pietrus gone. Brandon Wright also plays center, I dont know if you noticed that when they came to Atlanta last year when Bierdens was hurt. And Ellis will be bringing the ball up the floor quite a bit, I dont care if hes labeled a PG or not. Randolph is a rookie and with his size he could play any of number of positions up front(if hes even ready), especially if they play 'small ball'. Not saying the trade happends, but to say Marvin doesnt make any sense there is not true.

Ok. So maybe the trade never happens. The point I'm really trying to make is they have several players to play the two positions Marvin could fill on a roster. Here is the depth chart for their frontcourt:

SF: Maggette/Jackson/Randolph

PF: Harrington/Wright/Hendrix

C: Biedrins/Harrington/Perovic

Considering the fact that Maggette and Jackson are both better small forwards, the only other place for Marvin is PF, right ?

Well, actually no. Harrington is a better PF than Marvin, and while Wright hasn't proven much, It's a safe assumption that Wright is the better fit at the PF.

So unless you think Golden State would play Marvin at C or SG, I don't see how (outside the fact that I don't think they would trade Biedrins) a Marvin for Biedrins trade would work.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby

Johnson

Prince

Horford

Bierdens

Law/Claxton

Richardson/Jackson

Childress

Solo/Johnson

Zaza

Ok. So maybe the trade never happens. The point I'm really trying to make is they have several players to play the two positions Marvin could fill on a roster. Here is the depth chart for their frontcourt:

Considering the fact that Maggette and Jackson are both better small forwards, the only other place for Marvin is PF, right ?

Well, actually no. Harrington is a better PF than Marvin, and while Wright hasn't proven much, It's a safe assumption that Wright is the better fit at the PF.

So unless you think Golden State would play Marvin at C or SG, I don't see how (outside the fact that I don't think they would trade Biedrins) a Marvin for Biedrins trade would work.

Heres the deal. If the trade for Marvin went down, Bierdens wouldnt be on that roster and you have Harrington down 2 times so thats 7 players left for 3 positions because your dismissing the shooting guard spot which Mag or Jackson could/will play. Who knows if they can even get a pg thats decent enough to play with Ellis. Therefore if I am GS I think im putting Mags in the backcourt with Ellis and that gives me a pretty darn good backcourt. Al was still the better forward at the time in Atlanta but that didnt stop us from letting him move on and to be honest I dont think Marvin would take a backseat to randolph or hendrix. Jackson is also 30 and doesnt have that much left on his deal so if they would re-up Marvin, Jackson would be on the way out. Alot of what ifs. Not saying any trade will happen just saying it can make sense.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby

Johnson

Prince

Horford

Bierdens

Law/Claxton

Richardson/Jackson

Childress

Solo/Johnson

Zaza

Heres the deal. If the trade for Marvin went down, Bierdens wouldnt be on that roster and you have Harrington down 2 times so thats 7 players left for 3 positions because your dismissing the shooting guard spot which Mag or Jackson could/will play. Who knows if they can even get a pg thats decent enough to play with Ellis. Therefore if I am GS I think im putting Mags in the backcourt with Ellis and that gives me a pretty darn good backcourt. Al was still the better forward at the time in Atlanta but that didnt stop us from letting him move on and to be honest I dont think Marvin would take a backseat to randolph or hendrix. Jackson is also 30 and doesnt have that much left on his deal so if they would re-up Marvin, Jackson would be on the way out. Alot of what ifs. Not saying any trade will happen just saying it can make sense.

Jackson would still start over Marvin Williams, because right now Stephen Jackson is the better player. So, whatever position Marvin plays, he'd still be on the bench.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby

Johnson

Prince

Horford

Bierdens

Law/Claxton

Richardson/Jackson

Childress

Solo/Johnson

Zaza

Jackson would still start over Marvin Williams, because right now Stephen Jackson is the better player. So, whatever position Marvin plays, he'd still be on the bench.

Maybe...maybe not. Depends on his progression over the summer and him fitting into the high octane offensive system of GS. If he did sit, it wouldnt be for long(not for the money they would have to pay to re-up him). Anyhow, somehow someway I would like to have Bierdens here.