• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If there was a choice for the final spot...

Diesel

Jeremy Richardson, from how he's been playing recently, looks like he can turn into a solid scoring backup for us next year. I thought he deserved a bit of more playing time last year, but who didn't? I'm looking forward to seeing Richardson in a Hawks uniform for the second straight year. Hopefully he'll step into what's looking to be Salim's shoes and become a consistent scorer coming off the bench for us.

Quote:

Who's Marion West? I think that 3 out of the 4 will probably make the team though.

I think you might be right. I think the bulk of our bench is going to be made up of players currently performing in the summer league- because they're going to obviously come cheap, and the ASG might well be tapped-out after extending Smoove and Chillz (I know, that's assuming...).

There's nothing wrong with that really. I mean there is a pretty diverse range of talent on that SL roster. But the thing is that those players will need to be developed, and Mike Woodson is going to have to do that. Can he? I believe he probably can. For all his shortcomings as a coach, there is no doubt the man has some serious basketball knowledge, and I don't doubt but that he can teach that at least somewhat effectively. But will he bother to try and develop them to the fullest, or will he leave them to sit and rot on the end of the bench, while continuing to stick to a 7 or 8 man rotation? That to me is the biggest question.

And much of the makeup of our bench might be reliant on what Speedy does- and if he's able to stay healthy obviously, and play effectively as apparently he's been doing in these first two games of SL. If he can do that, that would open up further options for us as far as potential trades go, and maybe many, many more options. Would we really need Bibby, Speedy, AND Acie? Probably not, assuming Acie is ready to step up this year. One of them would eventually have to go in my opinion, and who knows what we might be able to parlay an expiring Bibby or a healthy and effective Speedy into? It's pretty exciting to think about actually. We have got some pretty good chips to play with.