• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

They even have a proposal on the table!

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

We've had some dialogue during the negotiation process and we've presented a proposal that we think is extremely competitive to the NBA market," Sund said Monday from Salt Lake City, where the Hawks' summer league team is playing in the Rocky Mountain Revue. "Josh's agent, Lon Babby, is doing his due diligence by continuing to explore options. I know they've talked to teams in the [NBA], and looked at teams with cap space, negotiated with us and now he's looking at global opportunities while at the same time continuing to have a dialogue with us."

So much for the ASG/Sund are doing nothing chatter around here!

We already have threads going on about this, there is no need to post two seperate threads about the same exact thing. And also post links, its not a credible post if you don't post where you found information.

The ASG are still morons, this isn't an example but that doesn't change them from being morons.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We already have threads going on about this, there is no need to post two seperate threads about the same exact thing. And also post links, its not a credible post if you don't post where you found information.

The ASG are still morons, this isn't an example but that doesn't change them from being morons.

They are doing exactly what you would do but yet they are morons.

Did you not just see that I said this instance does not make them morons or did you fail to read that?

There are many areas the ASG lacks in that makes them morons, this is not one like I already said.

They are still morons. I wouldn't be shocked if ASG all of the sudden gave Chill this contract offer soon as they heard Chill was serious about going overseas to play. We don't hear a thing about them making an offer this entire time. Chill shows he serious about leaving, the huge negative reaction from the fans, and all of the sudden we hear they offer a contract to Chill.

This is a move to save face and make Chill look like the bad guy. By getting this info out in the media to show they did try to re-sign him. Chill comes out looking like a greedy SOB. This is also to try and cover their sorry ass for moving so damn slow.

• Premium Member

Quote:

They are still morons. I wouldn't be shocked if ASG all of the sudden gave Chill this contract offer soon as they heard Chill was serious about going overseas to play. We don't hear a thing about them making an offer this entire time. Chill shows he serious about leaving, the huge negative reaction from the fans, and all of the sudden we hear they offer a contract to Chill.

This is a move to save face and make Chill look like the bad guy. By getting this info out in the media to show they did try to re-sign him. Chill comes out looking like a greedy SOB. This is also to try and cover their sorry ass for moving so damn slow.

So there is something wrong with offering Childress a contract after his value has been established by another bidder?

• Premium Member

Quote:

We knew all this time what his value was. It was going to be around the MLE money and perhaps a little higher. The Hawks themselves knew that. Why did it take them so long to offer this contract to him?

You don't know when this contract was negotiated. Sund and Childress' agent have been talking everyday since July 1st.

If they were talking everyday then this deal would have been done by now. James Posey set the market for Chill at about the $6-$7 mil per. No doubt Chill agents are trying to get a few mil per out of the Hawks. If the Hawks made this offer sooner Chill would have likely accepted it. I maintain they didn't make this offer until that nice big headline of "Childress in Athens" came across. We would have heard of an offer if it was made sooner.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If they were talking everyday then this deal would have been done by now. James Posey set the market for Chill at about the $6-$7 mil per. No doubt Chill agents are trying to get a few mil per out of the Hawks. If the Hawks made this offer sooner Chill would have likely accepted it. I maintain they didn't make this offer until that nice big headline of "Childress in Athens" came across. We would have heard of an offer if it was made sooner.

Assumptions assumptions!

Quote:

Quote:

Assumptions assumptions!

so you really think that the ASG isn't incompetent. i've been saying it since day one, get the guys signed. this is what happens when you sit around and wait on things. things happen

• Premium Member

Quote:

so you really think that the ASG isn't incompetent. i've been saying it since day one, get the guys signed. this is what happens when you sit around and wait on things. things happen

I don't understand, a competitive deal was on the table but Childress refuse to sign it! What else can the GM do?

Quote:

Quote:

I don't understand, a competitive deal was on the table but Childress refuse to sign it! What else can the GM do?

I don't understand how you can be so sure the deal they offered was really competitive.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

5 years $33-$36 million is competitive with other offers Childress would have receive by any other NBA team.

where are you getting those numbers from? Is there a link to where this deal was offered?

From the article written in the AJC yesterday!

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...awks_childress_

• Premium Member

Quote:

5 years $33-$35 million is competitive with other offers Childress would have receive by any other NBA team.

Childress' agent is claiming their were S&T offers from other teams that would have benefited his client, meaning most likely that other teams were willing to pay him more $.

But you're right, the most any team other than Memphis could offer him is ~$33M.

Mr.H posted this link last night in another thread to a RealGM forum about this topic. I defer to Mr.H and Hawksfanatic in questions of the CBA, so if this is good enough for him it's good enough for me.

RealGM

It seems we would be stuck with his caphold every summer as long as we continued to tender him a qualifying offer, which would hold him in his status as a RFA for the NBA. That hold would not apply towards the luxury tax, but would hamper our ability to go after players during free agency, as I understand it.