• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we overlooking the fact that

Wurider05

Chillz may not want to comeback to the Hawks period!!! I mean the reports have stated that his agent has worked on SNT with other teams. I mean we can't lose that thought that maybe he just doesn't want to comeback. He may want to start and maybe he is one of the ones that have a problem with Woodson. Of all the players on the team CHillz, Horf and Marv seem to come across as the most educated and professional. And like a professional he went along and never complained or caused problems but now he wants out. He handled it in a classy way instead of whining. He may not like Woody but he probably respects him because he is the coach. Why keep a guy if he doesn't want to be here??

See, thats what bothered me about the SEkou article. Sund makes makes no mention (perhaps the questions werent asked) about Chillz not wanting to come back. Considering that information was at the crux of why he went to Europe, I was surprised to not read anything about it from Sund. To me it indicates Childress does not want to be here.

Childress shouldn't show interest in coming back to the Hawks right now. If he wants to get the Hawks into the bidding he needs to show that he's serious about playing in Greece.

In terms of if Josh really wants to play for this organization, only he knows. From my view, the Hawks are still a dysfucntional organization and will remain that way until the Belkin saga is concluded.

The other issue is that Josh can set himself up for life with that ridiculous contract the Greeks are offering. It would be really hard to turn down that much money to play a game. I do think that if a US team offers something closer to 7 mil per year, then he'll stay in the US. As Peoriabird has pointed out 10 mil (what the Greeks are effectively offering) a year for Josh is WAAAY too much. But 7 mil is only slightly more than expected. Lets give this a few more days and see what happens. My hope is still for an SnT.

I agree that Josh has stated in the past that he wants to be a starter, so that has a lot to do with it. The facts are that he probably wouldn't start for most NBA teams. He's a very nice complementary player, but his inability to create his own shot really hurts whatever team he's on. Hence, my hope that we use him in an SnT

Quote:

I agree that Josh has stated in the past that he wants to be a starter, so that has a lot to do with it. The facts are that he probably wouldn't start for most NBA teams. He's a very nice complementary player, but his inability to create his own shot really hurts whatever team he's on. Hence, my hope that we use him in an SnT

Create a shot or hit a shot from the perimeter created for him.

Bottom line is that Chil does some things very well but he is a perimeter player who can't play on the perimeter on offense and gives you very little on defense so on one side you have to adapt your offense to him (leads to Josh Smith on the perimeter) and on the other side you have to deal with him getting posted up by strong players or out-quicked by smaller ones.

He could be a starter on certain teams but many of them need the things he can't offer.