• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Benefits if Childress Leaves

D.R.P.

1. Acie will have a definite role on the team. His development improves; no more of him only playing the first half then sitting out the second half. With the increased playing time Acie's confidence grows. I definitely believe Acie can replace Childress' scoring off the bench. Heck if Acie is the team's future PG, the time to develop him is now.

2. When Marvin is hot in the first quarter, he won't have to worry about coming out of the game first. With Childress gone, this puts more pressure on Marvin to perform well; which can only be a good thing.

3. Josh Smith is forced to play less on the perimeter. (Enough Said)

4. No more of Childress playing the 1; which really isn't an advantage for the Hawks anyway, considering Chills can't post up smaller players because he isn't strong enough. Also this number ties directly with #1.

5. The team signs an outside shooter that helps open up the floor ala Kareem Rush.

6. With the extra money the team will have by not having Childress on the cap (if renounced), that money could be used to sign a legitimate big; which is necessary.

See it's not the end of the world if Childress leaves for the more money in Greece.

Quote:

1. Acie will have a definite role on the team. His development improves; no more of him only playing the first half then sitting out the second half. With the increased playing time Acie's confidence grows. I definitely believe Acie can replace Childress' scoring of the bench. Heck if Acie is the team's future PG, the time to develop him is now.

2. When Marvin is hot in the first quarter, he won't have to worry about coming out of the game first. With Childress gone, this puts more pressure on Marvin to perform well; which can only be a good thing.

4. No more of Childress playing the 1; which really isn't an advantage for the Hawks anyway, considering Chills
can't
post up smaller players because he isn't strong enough. Also this number ties directly with #1.

5. The team signs an outside shooter that helps open up the floor ala Kareem Rush.

6. With the extra money the team will have by not having Childress on the cap (if renounced), that money could be used to sign a legitimate big; which is necessary.

See it's not the end of the world if Childress leaves for the more money in Greece.

It seems you are actually in the majority not minorty with how you feel about Chillz. You could have just added this post in another thread.

Quote:

1. Acie will have a definite role on the team. His development improves; no more of him only playing the first half then sitting out the second half. With the increased playing time Acie's confidence grows. I definitely believe Acie can replace Childress' scoring of the bench. Heck if Acie is the team's future PG, the time to develop him is now.

4. No more of Childress playing the 1; which really isn't an advantage for the Hawks anyway, considering Chills
can't
post up smaller players because he isn't strong enough. Also this number ties directly with #1.

Good post. It's not losing Childress' production (which really is pretty average) that hurts us...It's his personality and the fact he's been here for 4 years, and that ASG is so awfully bad.

I never understand that taking Marvin out after 4 minutes crap. I know Childress was like our 6th starter, but Marvin usually starts hot in the 1st, is taken out, and comes back timid and soft.

Quote:

I never understand that taking Marvin out after 4 minutes crap. I know Childress was like our 6th starter, but Marvin usually starts hot in the 1st, is taken out, and comes back timid and soft.

If Marvin's game was that advanced he would not come out for Chill. Even Woody isn't that bad. Marvin sitting on the bench doesn't make him timid and soft. Thats just making excuses for him. Marvin needs to make it where he can't be taken off the floor at the end of games and early in the first. He hasn't shown the aggressiveness and consistency yet in game to warrant this. He may have no choice "if" chillz leaves though.

Quote:

Quote:

If Marvin's game was that advanced he would not come out for Chill. Even Woody isn't that bad. Marvin sitting on the bench doesn't make him timid and soft. Thats just making excuses for him. Marvin needs to make it where he can't be taken off the floor at the end of games and early in the first. He hasn't shown the aggressiveness and consistency yet in game to warrant this. He may have no choice "if" chillz leaves though.

Hey @$$hole, instead of attacking every single person who writes a post here, why don't you take your d@mn ego out of your @$$ and read this for a second.

We have an ABUNDANCE of wing players, and Childress is logically the best wing off the bench, so the only position he can come in at is SF, since JJ obviously cannot be taken out that early.

Marvin sitting on the bench is experiencing something called losing momentum he started with

I've said this 200,272,281,296 times before:

-Marvin always starts hot, gets his 12 or so points before halftime, and then disappears in the 2nd half.

He normally has about 6 or 8 in the first few minutes and then starts to vanish, but it's most notable after halftime.

Quote:

Marvin always starts hot, gets his 12 or so points before halftime, and then disappears in the 2nd half.

He normally has about 6 or 8 in the first few minutes and then starts to vanish, but it's most notable after halftime.

Lol! Where in my post did I attack you? I debated your point, thats not an attack.

Abudance of wings? You got that from ESPN huh? Are you referring to Mario West, Jeremy Richardson or Luke Jackson? None of which is an established sixth man like chillz.

So Marvin has 6 or 8 points every game before he comes out in every game? 12 by halftime? Sure guy. Once again you choose to make excuses for a player who(Even Marvins biggest supporters knows) needs to shoot more than 8 three pointers, improve hisball handling skills and post up skills. If you don't see this then you are just being a blind loyalist.

I have an ego but you are speaking of Marvin as if he is already a finished product. If Marvin was the player you think he is he would finish games not chillz.

Disagreeing with a post and stating my opinion is an attack? I'm not down with e beef but watch ur language because I didn't disrespect you. Period!

• Premium Member

Hawks fans will be treated by the great illusionist Marvin Williams every game. Every game, Marvin will show the fans how he can disappear on the court even though he's playing 34+ mpg.

Marvin will make the 3 & 4 Qtrs look like 4 on 5 basketball.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Good work hijacking the thread by the way. I think that this thread was intended to make poster aware that if Childress left, we can sign an equivalent player to replace him since his cap hold figure does not figure into the calculation of the luxury tax owed. So a player like Maurice Evans or JR Smith could be signed along with Kwame Brown, Luke Jackson, and Richardson which might be more beneficial to team chemistry.

Also the poster is extrapolating the development that Marvin has shown and assuming that Both Horford and Acie will show the same type of improvement on offense from their 1st to 2nd year. These three factor themselves gives us hope that the offensive production will at least be the same or better from the starters.

Certainly even the most cynical post has to be optimistic about finally having more than what amounts to a 1 or 2 man bench. If we signed any number of players from K Rush to Fred Jones to K Brown, we would start to for a veteran bench that can be productive. Why not have a bench where you would have a number of options as oppose to tying up all of your bench money into one player? I more than anybody loves Childress to death, but if he chooses to go to Greece, then I see this as an opportunity to improve.

Good post and after the initial shock of the Childress to Greece thing has worn off and I've had some time to think about it I agree with the points you have made, with the condition that we are able to bring in a couple of quality players. If we could use his money to bring in Kwame, Vujacic (or maybe JR Smith), and let's say Morris then I would be pretty happy. We can fill out our roster and the ASG can avoid paying the luxury tax.

Yeah good post..............if we already had signed Smoove. Now you may think we can replace chillz but not Smoove. Why should the kid want to stay if he feels disrespected like Chillz.

Chillz bolting for Greece is much bigger than just signing a MLE player to replace him. It will affect Marvin, Horford, JJ and Smoove wanting to re sign. Hell this is a big deal not only to the Hawks but the NBA.

So even if you sign another player you can't replace the embarrasement and new precedent that has been set.

Denver can match any offer for J.R and they have the money to do so. Mo Evans already signed with GS. So now you tell me whats next? Nothing as good as resigning chillz and keeping your respect as a franchise around the league.

Quote:

Quote:

Denver can match any offer for J.R and they have the money to do so.

Denver is trying to cut their pay roll and get under the luxury tax this year.

I recently read an article that said A.I,Nene and K Mart can be had. I don't know how the Nuggets feel about Smith though. I do know the Lakers and Phil Jackson like Vujacic.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I recently read an article that said A.I,Nene and K Mart can be had. I don't know how the Nuggets feel about Smith though. I do know the Lakers and Phil Jackson like Vujacic.

1st of all, who wants A.I.'s, Nene's or K Mart's contract? Secondly, We should be talking to Smith's agent right now!

Quote:

Quote:

1st of all, who wants A.I.'s, Nene's or K Mart's contract? Secondly, We should be talking to Smith's agent right now!

Thats why they want to trade them. A.I still has value in this league but the salary would be hard to match.Miami could get him with a deal that includes Marions expiring contract for example.

You and others think losing chillz is no big deal. If Smoove decides he wants to be elsewhere will you then open your eyes and see the ASG can offer money but players/agents do not respect them making the right decisions going forward. Its up to Smoove whether he wants to be with this team going forward.

So all that talk about the ASG are doing the right thing needs to stop. They already have lost one key piece(whether you admit it or not) in there rebuilding process. Now Smoove has them by the n#ts.