• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You are the GM--Fill out the remaining roster

GTfan44

My solutions are simple--while I am not a salary guru like some of the Vets here, here are my suggestions:

1) Retain our starting 5 and current "bench" (resigning Smoove @ 11 mill per year preferably)

Bibs

JJ

Marv

Smoove

Horford

Bench:

Acie

ZaZa

Solo

Speedy

2) Sign Kwame/Randolph Morris and J.R. Smith as cheap as possible. J.R. Smith might like the big city, and Kwame/Randolph Morris might want to come home cheaply. Morris probably costs trash money, right?

3) Sign our top Summer Leaguers--Luke Jackson, Mario, J.Rich, Othello Hunter

Result:

Starting 5

Acie

ZaZa

J.R. Smith

Kwame

Luke Jackson

J.Rich

Mario

Othello Hunter.

Apparently, ASG told Rick Sund they'd go over the luxury if it means we are a winning team.

We have good summer leaguers, J.R. Smith is a great asset and I believe is worth the risk, and Kwame is underrated in that he actually has some skills, but is overrated since he definitely is not worthy of being the #1 pick.

What would you do?

If I understand things correctly, whatever we sign JR to would be double for Denver because they're in luxury tax already. He may not be worth double what we're willing to pay him. I'm assuming that resigning Smoove and using our MLE for JR and Kwame (for example) would keep us just under the Luxury Tax threshold.

The simple solutions piece is the most likely scenario, with Morris being the big and instead of JR Smith (we are NOT getting him), put in someone like Kareem Rush who would come cheap and get good minutes.

If I were GM, I'd try to do the following:

1) Sign Josh Smith for around 6/$66.

2) Sign Kwame Brown for around 2/$6.5 ro 3/$10

3) Sign Luke Jackson, Richardson, West & Hunter

4) Talk to Charlotte around a S&T for Okafur. He's unhappy, and I think Brown wants to put his stamp on the franchise over the next two summers, so he probably wants expiring contracts and potential. Offer the following:

Okafur, Felton and Wallace for Bibby, Zaza and Marvin and our #1 in 09 (signing Okafur to a similar contract to Chandler)

In the same deal (3-way), move Wallace to Minnesota for Miller.

Why this works (or doesn't): For Charlotte, they get Marvin who still has a ton of potential (contrary to Diesel's thoughts!), and two large expring deals who maybe they could sign for less money the following year. This would also give them a dynamic backcourt of Bibby/Richardson, which I would think Brown would be in favor of if they feel Felton can't run the team. Wallace, for some reason, is out of favor and has a long term contract that they may want to rid themselves of as well.

For Minnesota, I haven't been able to figure out why they wanted Miller when they already have a gunner in McCants, and he's also much older than the rest of the rotation. Wallace could give them a starting SF for the next 4-5 years to go with Jefferson and Love, which would be very formidable.

For Atlanta, a frontline of Okafur/Horford/Smith/Miller with Brown/Jackson as a back-up would be great (who cares who starts, and injuries will probably dictate that anyway). Felton could be let go next year if he doesn't work out, but would provide a great competition with Law going forward, as they are almost the same player.

The LT money is the problem, as this would push us close to the LT in the out years assuming Joe is given an extention and Felton is resigned. But this deal would have this team set for the next 4 years and be extremely competitive.

Rotation:

C - Okafur (33), Horford (9), Brown (6)

PF - Smith (18), Horford (24), Brown (6)

SF - Miller (28), Smith (15), Jackson (5)

SG - Johnson (33), Miller (5), Felton (10)

PG - Felton (23), Law (20), Johnson (5)

Total minutes - Okafur (33), Horford (33), Smith (33), Miller (33), Johnson (38), Felton (33), Law (20), Brown (12), Jackson (5)

Rest of bench - West, Richardson, Jones, Claxton, Hunter

If Speedy would actually retire, that would be huge. Removing his $'s from the cap going forward would allow this team to stick together without approaching the LT in 09/10.

But since I'm not the GM, this has about a 0% chance of happening!

Quote:

The simple solutions piece is the most likely scenario, with Morris being the big and instead of JR Smith (we are NOT getting him), put in someone like Kareem Rush who would come cheap and get good minutes.

If I were GM, I'd try to do the following:

1) Sign Josh Smith for around 6/$66.

2) Sign Kwame Brown for around 2/$6.5 ro 3/$10

3) Sign Luke Jackson, Richardson, West & Hunter

4) Talk to Charlotte around a S&T for Okafur. He's unhappy, and I think Brown wants to put his stamp on the franchise over the next two summers, so he probably wants expiring contracts and potential. Offer the following:

Okafur, Felton and Wallace for Bibby, Zaza and Marvin and our #1 in 09 (signing Okafur to a similar contract to Chandler)

In the same deal (3-way), move Wallace to Minnesota for Miller.

Why this works (or doesn't): For Charlotte, they get Marvin who still has a ton of potential (contrary to Diesel's thoughts!), and two large expring deals who maybe they could sign for less money the following year. This would also give them a dynamic backcourt of Bibby/Richardson, which I would think Brown would be in favor of if they feel Felton can't run the team. Wallace, for some reason, is out of favor and has a long term contract that they may want to rid themselves of as well.

For Minnesota, I haven't been able to figure out why they wanted Miller when they already have a gunner in McCants, and he's also much older than the rest of the rotation. Wallace could give them a starting SF for the next 4-5 years to go with Jefferson and Love, which would be very formidable.

For Atlanta, a frontline of Okafur/Horford/Smith/Miller with Brown/Jackson as a back-up would be great (who cares who starts, and injuries will probably dictate that anyway). Felton could be let go next year if he doesn't work out, but would provide a great competition with Law going forward, as they are almost the same player.

The LT money is the problem, as this would push us close to the LT in the out years assuming Joe is given an extention and Felton is resigned. But this deal would have this team set for the next 4 years and be extremely competitive.

Rotation:

C - Okafur (33), Horford (9), Brown (6)

PF - Smith (18), Horford (24), Brown (6)

SF - Miller (28), Smith (15), Jackson (5)

SG - Johnson (33), Miller (5), Felton (10)

PG - Felton (23), Law (20), Johnson (5)

Total minutes - Okafur (33), Horford (33), Smith (33), Miller (33), Johnson (38), Felton (33), Law (20), Brown (12), Jackson (5)

Rest of bench - West, Richardson, Jones, Claxton, Hunter

If Speedy would actually retire, that would be huge. Removing his $'s from the cap going forward would allow this team to stick together without approaching the LT in 09/10.

But since I'm not the GM, this has about a 0% chance of happening!

nice

2) Sign Kwame/Randolph Morris and J.R. Smith as cheap as possible. J.R. Smith might like the big city, and Kwame/Randolph Morris might want to come home cheaply. Morris probably costs trash money, right?

3) Sign our top Summer Leaguers--Luke Jackson, Mario, J.Rich, Othello Hunter

What would you do?

I love the sign and trade speculation for Okefor but that seems a bit unrealistic but not totally impossible. I am going to keep mine simple, leaving out un-for-seen sign and trades where get more value back then we give up.

1. First we have to resign Smoove (of course) !

2. Second, I don't think we can split the $5.58 MLE between 3 players. If we do I would consider us very lucky if we did. I would be happy with one wing and one big splitting the MLE in some form whether its a 70%/ 30% split or 50%/ %50 split depends on the player and their demands.

Wings:

Rush, Evans, JR Smith, Ross - these are the wings I would target. I would assume that JR Smith would be asking for the most money. All of these guys can hit the 3. Ross and Evans are known for gritty defense too and Rush's D is not bad. JR could probably play D if he ever tried to.

Bigs:

The big man pool is much more shallow then the wing pool - K. Brown would be target #1 but he probably wants more then $3 mill per year. If that is the case I'd be happy with Morris who should be had between $1.5-$2 mill per.

I would then sign West, L. Jackson and Richardson off the summer league squad for whatever the league minimum is (between $450-$550 K per).

1. Bibby

2. JJ

3. Marvin

4. Smoove

5. Horford

6. Law

7. ZaZa

8. Either Brown or Morris as a BIG

9. One of Ross, Rush, Evans, JR Smith to fill the wing void

10. Speedy

11. Solo

12. West

13. L. Jackson

14. Richardson

There is your 14 man roster.

Sign Kevin Pittsnoggle !

Good thought ! Where has that guy been ? He can shoot extremely well for a big. He could allow Smoove to play the SF for sputs IF he can knock down outside jumpers as he did at W. V. U.

If he would sign for the league minimum of around $500 K it would be a nice move with minimal risk.

Quote:

Sign Kevin Pittsnoggle !

Good thought ! Where has that guy been ? He can shoot extremely well for a big. He could allow Smoove to play the SF for sputs IF he can knock down outside jumpers as he did at W. V. U.

If he would sign for the league minimum of around $500 K it would be a nice move with minimal risk.

Ive been saying this ever since he left WVU. I just never understood why he never really got a chance to play in the NBA because he can fill it up offensively. He averaged 15 in the D League last year and I think he was deserving of at least a chance in summer league.

While I'd want to pull off some ground shaking moves, I think subtle moves are what this team needs most at this time.

Re-Sign Josh Smith

Offer min. contracts to Mario West, Jeremy Richardson, Luke Jackson, and Othello Hunter

Trade ZaZa Pachulia/Solomon Jones for Damien Wilkins/Muhammed Sene

Sign Kwame Brown and Randolph Morris

Bibby/Law/Claxton

Johnson/Wilkins/Richardson

Williams/Jackson/West

Smith/Morris/Hunter

Horford/Brown/Sene

I think that team has it all. I also see that team with alot of young, hungry players. Wilkins is Childress pt. 2.

Quote:

Trade ZaZa Pachulia/Solomon Jones for Damien Wilkins/Muhammed Sene

Sign Kwame Brown and Randolph Morris

Bibby/Law/Claxton

Johnson/Wilkins/Richardson

Williams/Jackson/West

Smith/Morris/Hunter

Horford/Brown/Sene

I think that team has it all. I also see that team with alot of young, hungry players. Wilkins is Childress pt. 2.

That would be sweet ! Damien could fill the 6th man role better then any of the other FA in my mind. Tough defender with a little natural PG ability. He could run the point, in a pinch, better then Chillz did. While not being the offensive rebounder that Chillz is I believe Wilkens is an equal or better then Chillz in all the other areas. Better lateral quickness to guard SGs.

I wonder if Seattle would have any interest in ZaZa ? A big for a wing is not a bad move when you have 2 top 5 picks playing wing now.

Of all the people in he world, Sund should know who and what Seattle would trade.

Does Seattle still have Wilcox ? Never mind the asking price would be too high for him anyway.

Quote:

Sign Kevin Pittsnoggle !

Didn't he die and go to d-league?

Quote:

It is possible to replace chill with the FA's remaining. Whether we do or not is another matter. And I think the infussion of new blood will be good for us. If we can get some new talent I'll be waiting with baited breath to see who.

You really thing ASG won't bungle this too? We'll probably load up on d-leaguers et. al.