• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Evans a former employee of ...... Olympiacos!!

txsting

I was wondering where he went in 02/03. First Olympiacos, then Benetton Treviso (Italy), then back to NBA.

Very happy about the signing, but also realistic that he must be available at this price for a reason. What's the downside to his game? I see that he has rarely started before last year, and even then has posted negative Roland ratings each year, despite pretty good production and shooting numbers. Perhaps his Roland ratings are not very accurate since you're always coming in with the second team?

Also, he has never stuck anywhere for more than a year, what gives with that?

Look at Bruce Bowen, he is on his 5th team (if you consider 2 stops in Miami being 2 teams) and it took him a while to settle in a role that he could succeed in which he found in San Antonio. Evans is a very similar player to what Bowen was when he got to San Antonio so maybe we'll get lucky and have him become that type of player for us.

Quote:

Look at Bruce Bowen, he is on his 5th team (if you consider 2 stops in Miami being 2 teams) and it took him a while to settle in a role that he could succeed in which he found in San Antonio. Evans is a very similar player to what Bowen was when he got to San Antonio so maybe we'll get lucky and have him become that type of player for us.

That, or most teams realize that role players are replacable even if they really like their contributions (which it seems like Magic fans really did)...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Or even better, a James Posey

I was wondering where he went in 02/03. First Olympiacos, then Benetton Treviso (Italy), then back to NBA.

Very happy about the signing, but also realistic that he must be available at this price for a reason. What's the downside to his game? I see that he has rarely started before last year, and even then has posted negative Roland ratings each year, despite pretty good production and shooting numbers. Perhaps his Roland ratings are not very accurate since you're always coming in with the second team?

Also, he has never stuck anywhere for more than a year, what gives with that?

Since I am from Greece and a huge Olympiakos fan I can tell you a few things about Mo. When he came here he was too young. He had a lot of ups and downs and strangely enough his best games were during the period his father (the great George as everybody around here called him) was visiting him. For 45 days Mo was on fire. As soon as his father left his numbers dropped and the team sent him away to Beneton.

He was very athletic, he liked to go hard to the basket but he wasn't such a good shooter yet. His shot improved over the years. He also had a lot of trouble in the defensive end because he couldn't understand the complex European defense systems which are based to double teams instead of pure man to man.