• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Andris Biedrins

The ASG has no excuse not to re-sign Josh for 11 or 12 million now.

Josh may not want to play here; and the ASG may think he is not worth all that money. Just because a player signs a high contract does not mean someone else gets at least that much. Owners do not work like that anymore. They see contracts like Kenyon Martins and Magloire and they have resonable concerns. Just look at Denver, can you imagine paying out all that money to a team that was nothing more than a playoff bust.

Did they really just give 10.5 million a year to a guy who averaged 24 mpg and 10 & 9?

Wow maybe we should have given Chillz all that money. :lol:

His numbers are very measurable against Smoove when you consider the limited minutes that he got in Nelly's system. What is the starting salary on 6 years and 63 million?

His numbers are very measurable against Smoove when you consider the limited minutes that he got in Nelly's system. What is the starting salary on 6 years and 63 million?

I know, but I don't think any other team in the league would want to pay him that much.

Plus, Nelly's "system" isn't really set, so there's probably a lot of garbage baskets to take into accoutn.

I'd pay Biedrins 7 mill max.

I still can't believe Artest is only making 7 mill while players are getting 11 or 12.

jeez

I know, but I don't think any other team in the league would want to pay him that much.

Plus, Nelly's "system" isn't really set, so there's probably a lot of garbage baskets to take into accoutn.

I'd pay Biedrins 7 mill max.

I still can't believe Artest is only making 7 mill while players are getting 11 or 12.

jeez

It's much more of a defined system than what we have here, so if you talk about garbage buckets and one on one play and things like that which Golden State gets a lot of then you have to think say the same for Smoove. Biedrins is 7', 21-22 years old, athletic, and is a hell of a rebounder and pretty good shot blocker. IMO he's worth every penny what Dalembert and Chandler get.

Josh may not want to play here; and the ASG may think he is not worth all that money. Just because a player signs a high contract does not mean someone else gets at least that much. Owners do not work like that anymore. They see contracts like Kenyon Martins and Magloire and they have resonable concerns. Just look at Denver, can you imagine paying out all that money to a team that was nothing more than a playoff bust.

True you don't give a player a large contract because someone else signs a lucrative contract however Smith averaged 7 more points a game than Biedrins, can change the tone of games with his shot blocking and dunks, and I would bet brings in more revenue for the Hawks than Biedrins does for the Warriors.

We felt he was worth 9 million a year before last season and he improved during the season. In fact he has worked hard each summer to improve on certain aspects of his game and improved his overall game and production each season. If the man wants 12 million a year, make him happy and give it to him. He is worth it to our team.

The man is only 22 and continues to get better. A six year contract includes the prime years of his career and would end when he is 28-29 years old. It's not like the ASG would be investing in an old, oft-injured player. There have been far worse investments and contracts given to mediocre players such as Adonyl Foyle. It shouldn't be the end of the world for the ASG to give up 1-2 more million a year to Josh than they think he is worth instead of bringing in someone like Lamar Odom. Lamar Odom does not make us a better team and doesn't have the superstar potential of Josh Smith. The ASG needs to quit dragging their feet!

Edited by ATLHawks10

• Premium Member
The ASG has no excuse not to re-sign Josh for 11 or 12 million now.

And Smoove has no excuse to threaten to play out the year or go to Europe.

(Balance, friends, balance.)

I will say, though, I'm pretty startled that Biedrins took slightly more than $10 mil for 6 yrs... I think he'll regret that in one year, if he doesn't already.

And Smoove has no excuse to threaten to play out the year or go to Europe.

(Balance, friends, balance.)

I will say, though, I'm pretty startled that Biedrins took slightly more than $10 mil for 6 yrs... I think he'll regret that in one year, if he doesn't already.

I'm pretty sure Smoove has already stated that he will not play in Europe no matter what.

I don't thnk Beans will regret taking 10 million a year because that money will go very far in Latvia and is probably more money than he has ever seen.

True you don't give a player a large contract because someone else signs a lucrative contract however Smith averaged 7 more points a game than Biedrins, can change the tone of games with his shot blocking and dunks, and I would bet brings in more revenue for the Hawks than Biedrins does for the Warriors.

We felt he was worth 9 million a year before last season and he improved during the season. In fact he has worked hard each summer to improve on certain aspects of his game and improved his overall game and production each season. If the man wants 12 million a year, make him happy and give it to him. He is worth it to our team.

The man is only 22 and continues to get better. A six year contract includes the prime years of his career and would end when he is 28-29 years old. It's not like the ASG would be investing in an old, oft-injured player. There have been far worse investments and contracts given to mediocre players such as Adonyl Foyle. It shouldn't be the end of the world for the ASG to give up 1-2 more million a year to Josh than they think he is worth instead of bringing in someone like Lamar Odom. Lamar Odom does not make us a better team and doesn't have the superstar potential of Josh Smith. The ASG needs to quit dragging their feet!

I think it was reported that the ASG offered Smoove 5 and 60mill by Broussard. That is 12 a year. I think Smoove wants 12 to start with annual raises which is more than 12 a year. Smoove is trying to get as much as possible. That is good business and fine as far as I am concerned. But don't blame ownership for sticking to their guns ( good business sense) either....

I think it was reported that the ASG offered Smoove 5 and 60mill by Broussard. That is 12 a year. I think Smoove wants 12 to start with annual raises which is more than 12 a year. Smoove is trying to get as much as possible. That is good business and fine as far as I am concerned. But don't blame ownership for sticking to their guns ( good business sense) either....

Broussard originally said 6 years/60 million and then learned and edited it in his next blog saying it was actually 6 years/57 million. It barely an annual raise over the 5 year/45 million offer before last season. A players value increases from one year to another if said players production increases (not to mention the team improvement and making the playoffs for the first time in 9 years). I think Smoove wants 12 million a year average (6 yr/72 million). ASG has stuck to their guns long enough and its time to give in a little bit now instead of having Smith sign the QO for 3.1 million and become an unrestricted free agent or trading him an old expensive player (Odom) that doesn't help our team any moore than Smoove. It's not good business sense to anger the fan base (that is just starting to return to the stands after the 9 year playoff drought and is finally energized by an exciting playoff series against the now NBA champs) and have disgruntled players in the locker room.

I feel the Hawks have a strong nucleus for years to come if they build around JJ, Smith, and Horford. If Acie continues to develop at the pg position and Marvin becomes a more consistent threat instead of the short flashes he shows, the Hawks could be in the top 4 of the Eastern Conference for the next 5 to 10 years.

Edited by ATLHawks10