• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smith Wanted By Detroit

DrReality

Pistons Covet Josh Smith, May Trade Prince?

Posted: 7/28/2008 3:20:00 AM

Source: Flint Journal

Multiple league sources confirmed Sunday night that despite no sign-and-trade offer on the table between the Pistons and Hawks, Detroit remains very interested in the 22-year-old restricted free agent.

With free agency nearly a month old, Smith remains the most talented player still available.

With the unexpected departure of Josh Childress for Greece, Atlanta is noticeably thin at the small forward position. That's why if the Hawks were to do a sign-and-trade with Detroit, they likely would want the Pistons to part with Tayshaun Prince.

hey I am a big Josh Smith fan but I would do a sign and trade with the Pistons for Prince..he is young too and is better than Smith is right now..he runs the floor and can shoot the 3 unlike Smith..I think its a fair trade but if we keep Smith i will be happier. Bibby Johnson Prince Horford Zaza with Evans Marvin Williams and Acie Law off the bench aint bad at all!

I dont want Price, he Averages 13 and 5, he's not getting any better. He's more consistent then Smith but Smith is 22 and is def better then price consistent or not. please dont do it, make some sorta of Rasheed + Billups trade if its gotta be detroit

• Premium Member

Multiple league sources confirmed Sunday night that despite no sign-and-trade offer on the table between the Pistons and Hawks, Detroit remains very interested in the 22-year-old restricted free agent.

With free agency nearly a month old, Smith remains the most talented player still available.

With the unexpected departure of Josh Childress for Greece, Atlanta is noticeably thin at the small forward position. That's why if the Hawks were to do a sign-and-trade with Detroit, they likely would want the Pistons to part with Tayshaun Prince.

Can someone tell me how Detroit is going to be able to get Smoove?

They are 60 Million in cap.

That means for them to go after Smoove, they have to throw ~6 Million away.

Here's how that can happen.

Trade Antonio McDyess to Denver for a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder and their trade exception.

Then trade Prince and Amir to Atlanta for Smoove/Speedy.

Our team would be changed....

Marvin would either play off the bench or he would have to be traded.

Amir could just be our starting Center?

I would do a Billups/Prince/Amir deal for Bibby/Smith. Billups would be a huge upgrade over Bibby especially on defense. Prince is not the scorer Smith is but is a great perimeter defender. And Amir Johnson would either start or give us more depth in the front court.

That said, I would rather sign Smith and see what he can develop into but if we are truly going to lose him, I'm not opposed to that deal.

Well... they're fine at starting SF for now... if they part ways with Smith, they need to get a starting PF/C back... not someone who will push Marvin down to backup and we get nothing at PF or C (depending on Horford).

Edited by jSmith