Chilldress On 790...cuts Played Today...a Can't Miss

khaos7

And why haven't we renounced his rights yet?

There is no reason to renounce him because we will be over the cap regardless. That is our last bit of leverage and there is no sense in relinquishing it at this juncture.

As to your other point, Childress is not the type to go around starting fires. I am inclined to believe what he has to say.

Edited by jhay610

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can we be so sure Childress is telling the truth?

What championship team would let him start? The Spurs?

The Celtics wouldn't.

Maybe he is just inflating his story to make us look bad.

Given the Spirit's illustrious ownership tenure, I believe the burden of proof lies with them. They've done nothing to this point that would suggest they operated their business in good faith, IMHO.

The Celtics wouldn't.

Childress isn't the type of guy that would make up stories like this and he doesn't have to inflate the story to make the ASG look bad because they're doing that themselves.

The Celtics wouldn't.

Do you really think he would make all that up?

Edited by exodus

Wow is all I can say. Woolverton and Brandon just played a cut from a interview Mayhem in the AM will play tomorrow from Josh Chilldress. On the cut they played, Childress said, and I paraphrase, the Hawks didn't offer what they claimed they offer and that he was offered more money AND a starting position from two championship teams. He said the Hawks offered him below the mid level exception . After he turned down this deal, they told him to go look for a deal. Brandon and Woolverton went on to say that the interview revealed that Chilldress felt attacked personally, from a charecter standpoint and that the interview is salicious and candid.

My viewpoint? I don't know Sund, Childress, or the ASG personally. However, given the track record of the cheap Spirit group and the perception of Childress's charecter around the league and the media, I'm inclined to side with Childress's take. Keep in mind, this is the same guy the Hawks have given the Jason Collier award to for, I think, two years. He's a good kid and I believe the Spirit got cheap and nasty in negotiations.

Be careful what you wish for.

All these years nothing but bashing of Billy Knight and now we are left with a GM that is 10 times worse than one.

A guy who was a Seattle reject for crying out loud.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Josh Childress didn't go into this off-season looking to play in Europe. His contract is unprecedented. He explored his options after we basically gave him the finger.

Wouldn't be surprised if that is why Smoove hasn't signed. Probably trying to sign him for 7-8 million or something ridiculously low like that

Sekou reported at least 3 times that

Atlanta had offered him a five-year, $33 million contract.

Also, I believe Lon Babby said that Atlanta offered him the most competitive offer.

We'll have to wait and see.

LOL I saw in Sekou's comments this morning on his latest blog that the only official offer we've given Smoove is for 9 mill a year.

I was just saying earlier that Sund sounded believable about his contract offer. Can't wait to hear this clip.

The Celtics wouldn't.

Doesn't SA bring Mano off the bench? I could see Childress starting there.

• Premium Member

I think the Hawks' plan was simple:

1. Offer Childress less than the MLE, hoping he'd be happy when a team offers him the MLE.

2. The Hawks' match the offer sheet.

They really underestimated Babby's ability as an agent.

guys don't forget Chillz probably had little face to face negotiations with the team. Let's say they offered him a below MLE deal. So what? If they offered him the MLE would he have taken it? I don't think so according to the sources I've read.

Doesn't SA bring Mano off the bench? I could see Childress starting there.

Well Gearon and Sund said they werent gonna take back trash for a top 6th man.

I'm sorry if Sund rejects a deal of Damon Stoudamire and Matt Bonner for Josh Childress! :Silly:

1. Offer Childress less than the MLE, hoping he'd be happy when a team offers him the MLE.

'

Why would Childress say this?

the Hawks didn't offer what they claimed they offer and that he was offered more money AND a starting position from two championship teams.

Basically he is calling them liars.

Yep. They thought they didn't have anything to lose. They figured why offer him the MLE when all they had to do is match the MLE offer from another team. Babby changed the game though by bringing Olympiakos into the mix. That was one hell of a move.

'

Why would Childress say this?

Basically he is calling them liars.

I don't think they DID offer 5 yrs/$33M INITIALLY. I think they only upped the offer after the Olympiakos offer was made. I don't know if that makes them liars because apparently they DID make the offer, just not initially.

I don't think they DID offer 5 yrs/$33M INITIALLY. I think they only upped the offer after the Olympiakos offer was made. I don't know if that makes them liars because apparently they DID make the offer, just not initially.

According to who? Childress is saying flat out they didn't offer what they said they offered. You are trying to insert the word "initially" into his quote. He didn't say that.

Edited by exodus