• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mexican Standoff

Swish

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl..._like_a_me.html

We certainly won’t see a quick resolution.

If college football games are being played before this thing is resolved I won’t be surprised.

Understanding exactly what we could be in store for, say for the next month, I have to ask the question … are you ready for yet another month or more of this slow-paced drama?

The folks that get the cash for my cell phone bill every month have to be giddy at the thought of another month of this stuff.

Me, I’d love nothing more than to see this whole saga resolved in the next 24 hours. But it’s not going to happen.

Funny poke at Duke:

PAGING MR. AKYOL: Watched the replay of the USA-Turkey exhibition game tonight, mostly so I could watch Cenk Akyol against NBA competition.

He led all scorers with 22 points, which I could barely make out by watching because the screen was just a constant blur of Duke has beens. Coach K has every single overrated guard who has ever played for him working on the Team USA staff.

They even showed a deal at halftime from the practices that the team had in Vegas and there were even more former, overrated Dukies running around the gym. It was an infuriating evening trying to sort through all the mess and just watch the cat the Hawks took with the 59th pick in the 2005 draft.

I was under the impression he was a point guard prospect. But he looked like more of a shooting guard to me. Turkey had another cat running the point. Akyol was spotting up for 3-pointers and shooting funky leaners and stuff.

What I liked about him was that he seemed eager to go at Team USA, which is always a good sign from an international prospect.

It’s funny, the Hawks own the rights to three players [Akyol, David Andersen and Childress] that will play overseas this season and I’m convinced that all three could certainly help them out this season.

That is some bad news. But also shows that the SnTs don't seem to be in play right now.

What is really bad is that Smith's camp and Gearon aren't even talking right now. That makes no sense. Nothing gets done by entrenching and not talking.

Oh well, I guess I can just put the Josh Smith signing on mental hold until the middle of NOVEMBER, if things keep going the way they are.

The bit about James White was interesting:

WAS THAT?: Either my eyes are playing tricks on me or I saw James White (the former Florida and Cincinnati skywalker who played briefly with San Antonio two years ago and snagged a NBA championship ring) cutting down the hallway in the locker room at Philips Arena Thursday.

By the time I slid down the hallway the locker room was empty. I know he played in the Turkish league last year but I don’t know what his status is this season. I’ll have to do some more investigating this weekend and see if there’s anything more to his being in Philips.

The bit about James White was interesting:

WAS THAT?: Either my eyes are playing tricks on me or I saw James White (the former Florida and Cincinnati skywalker who played briefly with San Antonio two years ago and snagged a NBA championship ring) cutting down the hallway in the locker room at Philips Arena Thursday.

By the time I slid down the hallway the locker room was empty. I know he played in the Turkish league last year but I don’t know what his status is this season. I’ll have to do some more investigating this weekend and see if there’s anything more to his being in Philips.

James White could come in and replace Mario West but have more potential. He can play good defense, his athleticism is out of this world (like west) but he has better length and potential offensively....James White was the cat who was tied with David Lee in the high school dunk contest but Lee won. They both went to florida and James showed flashes but didn't get along with the coaching and went to Cincy.

ASG is going to screw this up just like they did with Chill. These guys just do not get it. This is their first real test as owners and they are screwing it up every which way you can. The market has been set. Pay the market value. It is not that difficult.

Edited by HawksJJHorford

Because the AJC has no competition. I don't think I've ever encountered a reporter who does less actual reporting than Sekou. He's more of a groupie than anything.

You must not read anything other than Sekou's columns.

Not saying that he gives me all the info I'd want/expect but he is better than almost any other beat writer kickin right now.

ASG is going to screw this up just like they did with Chill. These guys just do not get it. This is their first real test as owners and they are screwing it up every which way you can. The market has been set. Pay the market value. It is not that difficult.

If I were JS I wouldn't even try the Europe threat...just let the word get out that if they don't sign me right I will take the tender offer and pull hamstrings all season long - play about 15 games. Up yours ASG. :stirthepot:

I was under the impression he was a point guard prospect. But he looked like more of a shooting guard to me. Turkey had another cat running the point. Akyol was spotting up for 3-pointers and shooting funky leaners and stuff.

It's been what 3 years or so since we drafted Akyol and Sekou still doesn't know, that Akyol never played PG? I'm sorry that's kinda bad research, if my job is writing and knowing everything about a certain team, then I should make sure that I make my research on all parts of the team.

I know that White is a free agent and there were rumours that he'll sign with ALBA Berlin, hmm maybe he's getting another chance in the NBA and that's why he hasn't signed with ALBA.

It's been what 3 years or so since we drafted Akyol and Sekou still doesn't know, that Akyol never played PG? I'm sorry that's kinda bad research, if my job is writing and knowing everything about a certain team, then I should make sure that I make my research on all parts of the team.

Sekou is always getting the few facts he actually writes about incorrect. Cenk has NEVER been viewed as a point guard. The blurb Sekou said last week about the Hawks not being able to use the entire mid-level because of Chillz caphold was also wrong. If my only job is the know all the facts about 1 team I would do my homework better if I were him.