• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Poll

AmishBoy

• Premium Member
Positive news on one of the Hawks players doesn't get to many posts. If you say "Smoove is overrated" or "Marvin!Marvin!Marvin!" or "Smoove vs JJ" then you can expect multiple pages.

While I would agree with the sentiment of this post, this thread isn't really about "news."

Call it what you want but this thread could have been easily used to point out how Smoove has and will become more productive than every player on that list. That would involve posting positive aspects of Smooves game and not everyone on Squawk would be able to do such a thing.

So like I stated, this thread is to positive to get many posts. Drama always seems to win on message boards.

Call it what you want but this thread could have been easily used to point out how Smoove has and will become more productive than every player on that list. That would involve posting positive aspects of Smooves game and not everyone on Squawk would be able to do such a thing.

So like I stated, this thread is to positive to get many posts. Drama always seems to win on message boards.

It is really not like that at all. It is hard to get excited about what other fans think about our team. In other words, who knows our players better, us (we follow every game they play) or them (they see us maybe four times a year)?

This is similar to a ESPN fan vote in which I think Tiger Woods won as the best athlete. Now what person in their right mind really sees Tiger as a better athlete than LT? A fans' vote is based on the marketing hype, highlight reels, and fantasy points. I enjoy reading these types of things as they are entertaining; but I do not put a whole lot of weight into them...

It is nice they think a lot of Smoove. There is really nothing else to say...

It is really not like that at all. It is hard to get excited about what other fans think about our team. In other words, who knows our players better, us (we follow every game they play) or them (they see us maybe four times a year)?

This is similar to a ESPN fan vote in which I think Tiger Woods won as the best athlete. Now what person in their right mind really sees Tiger as a better athlete than LT? A fans' vote is based on the marketing hype, highlight reels, and fantasy points. I enjoy reading these types of things as they are entertaining; but I do not put a whole lot of weight into them...

It is nice they think a lot of Smoove. There is really nothing else to say...

Really, then why did someone post a thread about how Detroit fans felt about Marvin and it got more burn than this thread?

Smooves supporters aren't trying to throw this in other fans face like the Marvin fans were with that other thread.

I'm not going to say something childish like "Its a shame you have to go to a poll on another site to get optimism about Smoove."

Others were quick to say such foolish things about fans opinions about Marvin. Where are they all now about this "opinion based" poll?

• Premium Member
Really, then why did someone post a thread about how Detroit fans felt about Marvin and it got more burn than this thread?

That's just it. The "Marvin" thread only got attention because I titled it so, and even then 80% of the posts were arguments. A stupid thread about Marvin's offseason habits commands more attention than any real discussion of his ability.

You're absolutely right when you say that positive threads get no attention on here. It's because the majority of the top posters would rather argue vs. other internet egos than actually discuss the team. That applies to Marvin, Smith, Childress, etc. Even a Joe Johnson thread is likely to get distorted.

Edited by ifthenwouldi

Smooves supporters aren't trying to throw this in other fans face like the Marvin fans were with that other thread.

I'm not going to say something childish like "Its a shame you have to go to a poll on another site to get optimism about Smoove."

Others were quick to say such foolish things about fans opinions about Marvin. Where are they all now about this "opinion based" poll?

It is really weird around here with Marvin and Smoove. I like Smoove and firmly think he is a solid starter; but will never be an all-star. Smoove supporters consider that blasphemus and will argue till the cows come home. There is no real way to prove anyone right or wrong. Only Smoove's future performace will tell the truth.

I am also a Marvin supporter. I have tempered it through the years but still firmly think he is also a solid starter. This is only blasphemus to some of the Smoove supporters who think Marvin should be on the 1st plane out of Atlanta.

And you are dead on, any post seen in a negative way will usually get a lot more discussion going than a positive post. My post about Smoove not being worth 72 mill is probably my most read thread to date. I only stated that Smoove is worth 60 mill but not 72 mill. It is not like I said he was bust and should be getting the MLE at best; but for some that is how they read it...

Just the way it is...do not try and figure it out and enjoy posting when and what you like....

It is really weird around here with Marvin and Smoove. I like Smoove and firmly think he is a solid starter; but will never be an all-star. Smoove supporters consider that blasphemus and will argue till the cows come home. There is no real way to prove anyone right or wrong. Only Smoove's future performace will tell the truth.

I am also a Marvin supporter. I have tempered it through the years but still firmly think he is also a solid starter. This is only blasphemus to some of the Smoove supporters who think Marvin should be on the 1st plane out of Atlanta.

And you are dead on, any post seen in a negative way will usually get a lot more discussion going than a positive post. My post about Smoove not being worth 72 mill is probably my most read thread to date. I only stated that Smoove is worth 60 mill but not 72 mill. It is not like I said he was bust and should be getting the MLE at best; but for some that is how they read it...

Just the way it is...do not try and figure it out and enjoy posting when and what you like....

The ironic part is that Marvin probably would be on the 1st plane out of Atlanta if Smoove had the ability to effectively play the 3.

That's just it. The "Marvin" thread only got attention because I titled it so, and even then 80% of the posts were arguments. A stupid thread about Marvin's offseason habits commands more attention than any real discussion of his ability.

You're absolutely right when you say that positive threads get no attention on here. It's because the majority of the top posters would rather argue vs. other internet egos than actually discuss the team. That applies to Marvin, Smith, Childress, etc. Even a Joe Johnson thread is likely to get distorted.

The ironic thing is mr.H is that the JJ threads are slim to none!

The ironic thing is mr.H is that the JJ threads are slim to none!

For now. He was getting killed early last season when he was not producing like he is capable of. The way he played the 2nd half of last season, I don't see how ANYONE could find fault with him. He was simply amazing after Bibby came on board.