• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where Have You Seen Nba Players?

Boomer

• Premium Member

I met Grant Long at my wife's work about 5-6 years ago. Sort of...lol She worked for a doctor's office and they bought pharmecutical supplies from his company. They said he came in there all the time, but he was always in and out. So I told my wife to call me if he ever he came in while she was working. They called me one day and I talked to him on the phone for about 10 minutes. He was surprised that I knew so much about the Hawks and called me a true fan. lol

It was pretty damn cool. :clap:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

During my high school days I worked at the airport. I was a serious Magic fan. I think I met every NBA player but Magic. Since I worked at the airport and saw so many "VIPs" I was not really into pictures and autographs. But when the Lakers were in town I was always equipped with my Magic shirt,sharpie and camera. I meet all of the Hawks every year. I have all of my jersey's, Bobble heads, posters,Basketballs, Statues, Pictures and other things signed by several hawks players. Of course I see 'Nique from time to time. I must agree he is an amazing guy. I don't think I could take all of that attention. I remember he talked to me for about 2 hours about a year back. I was frustrated with the amount of times we were interrupted for pictures and autographs. It did not even seem to bother him at all. That is true greatness.

During my high school days I worked at the airport. I was a serious Magic fan. I think I met every NBA player but Magic. Since I worked at the airport and saw so many "VIPs" I was not really into pictures and autographs. But when the Lakers were in town I was always equipped with my Magic shirt,sharpie and camera. I meet all of the Hawks every year. I have all of my jersey's, Bobble heads, posters,Basketballs, Statues, Pictures and other things signed by several hawks players. Of course I see 'Nique from time to time. I must agree he is an amazing guy. I don't think I could take all of that attention. I remember he talked to me for about 2 hours about a year back. I was frustrated with the amount of times we were interrupted for pictures and autographs. It did not even seem to bother him at all. That is true greatness.

Awesome!

Yeah, I remember being at one of those open practices for the Hawks before last season started and Nique was sitting courtside next to Billy Knight(I think). People were hounding him for autographs the whole practice! It was like a domino effect. Anyway, he took it all in stride with a smile on his face. He must have crazy patience.

Since I can not edit my post I will post a new one. Here are some pic's of Nique and I. He was signing one of my Statue's.

post-73-1217955945_thumb.jpg

post-73-1217956010_thumb.jpg

When I first finished undergrad, a few friends and I started this cleaning company. We actually met Dominique while cleaning the construction dust out of his then new house. He was so cool it was shocking.

Also, I played ball with Doc Rivers once during the Summer out at Emory Univ. Another really cool guy. I guess he was just looking for some exercise.

Gym Rat

Oh yeah...Just remembered... I met Shaq on St Roch St in New Orleans just down from the Po Boy shop. He was there filming a movie (don't remember which one). Dude is huge!!!!

Edited by OGRat

When I first finished undergrad, a few friends and I started this cleaning company. We actually met Dominique while cleaning the construction dust out of his then new house. He was so cool it was shocking.

Also, I played ball with Doc Rivers once during the Summer out at Emory Univ. Another really cool guy. I guess he was just looking for some exercise.

Gym Rat

Oh yeah...Just remembered... I met Shaq on St Roch St in New Orleans just down from the Po Boy shop. He was there filming a movie (don't remember which one). Dude is huge!!!!

Huge doesn't even begin to describe Shaq. I saw him at the old Club Kaya (ah, the good ol' days!) dancing with this girl and he was so big, I couldn't even see any part of her when his back was to me. She only came up to about his waist. It looked like he was dancing by himself!

Speaking of huge, have any of you ever seen Former Arena League Commisioner Dave Baker (he's also Falcons' first round pick Sam Baker's dad). Holy cow! He is the biggest man I've ever seen in person. Dude is 6'9" 400 lbs and his head makes Zaza's look small.

There's nothing wrong with joking but that went too far. That was a very serious situation and to make light of it like that just isn't cool.

Oh God, I didn't mean for anyone to get in trouble. When I meant 'reported' I meant I reported you to the local feds which is obviously a joke... My bad.

Huge doesn't even begin to describe Shaq. I saw him at the old Club Kaya (ah, the good ol' days!) dancing with this girl and he was so big, I couldn't even see any part of her when his back was to me. She only came up to about his waist.

That reminds me, have any of you ever heard Katt Williams skit talking about how he can't be friends with Shaq because of how Shaq's 'little Shaq' would be on Katts' forehead? It's a pretty funny skit, then again everything Katt does is hilarious.