• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There Is No Logical Reason The Hawks Dont Match

NJHAWK

I dont care if Smith says he doesnt want to be here. I dont care if Smith does a Shaq like rap about asking Woody how his ayss taste ( ACTUALLY THAT WOULD BE FUNNY AS HELL). Smith is an asset and now that the gun is to our heads as to whether to pay him a fair offer or not, WE MUST SIGN HIM. Even if it gets ugly this season we can always trade him next season. Hopefully everything gets patched up and we have him locked up for 5 years at a reasonable price. If not we still have a very tradeble asset. NOW GET IT DONE ASG.

I agree, I think we will sign him at the end of the day, loging chillz wasn't that bad because he can be replaced. Now losing Smoove is something else. Which is why they will resign him whether they take the 7 days or not I don't care. Just do it damn it lol

I agree we should match. So a 5 year $58 mill deal is about the same as a 6 year $73 mill deal with the 8% increase each year. Steep contract but we can't lose him for nothing.

It is one thing to be a tough negotiator when you hold al the cards. It is another to straight up lie to the team and the fan bas by NOT matching. The ASG told us they would match in offer to Smith. By offer I am saying NBA offer. Smith has an offer and now its time for the ASG to live up to your word. The ASG held the cards until a team got Smith to sign an offer sheet. Now its time to put up or shut up !

If they do not put up they will lose the fan base they work so hard to try to establish.

Well, I have to imagine that they match. If they don't, they have absolutely no credibility from here on out - He's getting offer a (slightly below) mkt value contract and we aren't the sort of FA destination where we can say "we'll get Boozer next season so we don't have to match".

Of course there is the possibility that they don't but...

It would be very cheap of them.

Well, I have to imagine that they match. If they don't, they have absolutely no credibility from here on out - He's getting offer a (slightly below) mkt value contract and we aren't the sort of FA destination where we can say "we'll get Boozer next season so we don't have to match".

Of course there is the possibility that they don't but...

It would be very cheap of them.

I assume they're matching. Everyone needs to calm down and assume the same. This is the litmus test. They have to match. If they don't there is no fan base. They will.

• Premium Member
They were set in at 9 mil and nothing above that because until now no one was offering more. Why is that concept so hard to grasp? Would you go on Ebay and outbid yourself?

I could've gotten it for $90 but I wanted to spend $120. :huh:

This is a very funny fan base! On one hand they are concerned that the ASG are too cheap to pay Josh Smith $11 million per season and just let an investment walk without nothing in return for no reason. On the other hand, the same group is paying Bibby and Claxton, 2 players that are nowhere near worth what they are being paid! I don't get it!

They were set in at 9 mil and nothing above that because until now no one was offering more. Why is that concept so hard to grasp? Would you go on Ebay and outbid yourself?

I could've gotten it for $90 but I wanted to spend $120. :huh:

u wouldn't have gotten it at all because the seller wasn't taking the $90 no matter what.