• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: No More Games: Sign Smith

WraithSentinel

What is the point of making the Grizz wait? They are not signing anyone else this offseason. Making the Grizz wait is pointless. Grizz made this offer to build some good karma with their fans and players. They probably know the Hawks will likely match. This is a classic bad team move aka the Hawks move.

I guess Sekou doesnt understand the rules to RFAgency? Or maybe he doesn't see the benefit in tying up a teams caphold for a week?

I would just tell Smith not to worry, we got ya and then wait til next Friday.

Normally tying up the other teams capspace for a week is advantageous. In this instance, however, there really isn't anyone else available so it is unlikely Memphis is going to spend the money on anyone of significance if the Hawks match the offer to Smith.

The Hawks need to match the offer as soon as possible and then set their sights on adding another veteran to the bench.

I guess Sekou doesnt understand the rules to RFAgency? Or maybe he doesn't see the benefit in tying up a teams caphold for a week?

Agreed jhay...even if you aren't going to sign anybody during that week you still make em wait...as basically a revenge thing. You try to steal one of our players and cost us money on the signing - we tie up your money for a week. It's not much but it's the best that we can do.

LOL... Memphis isn't signing anyone else. Hell - Atlanta should be thanking Memphis for getting this done and at such a reasonable contract.

LOL... Memphis isn't signing anyone else.

You don't know that. Up until today everyone thought Memphis wasn't doing anything til next summer, and all of a sudden there is a 60 million offer sheet on the table. We don't know sh%t. There are rumors that the Big Turk is close to signing with Memphis.

Hell - Atlanta should be thanking Memphis for getting this done and at such a reasonable contract.

on this we agree...im ecstatic. no snt, no qo, no holdout.

Edited by jhay610

Agreed jhay...even if you aren't going to sign anybody during that week you still make em wait...as basically a revenge thing. You try to steal one of our players and cost us money on the signing - we tie up your money for a week. It's not much but it's the best that we can do.

The other point that no one has brought up (in this thread at least, haven't read them all) is that if we tie up their cap room for a full week, it sets a precedent for the future. "You offer one of our RFA's and we're gonna screw your capspace for a week, so do so at your own risk."

In all honesty, I don't care when we match, just as long as we do match.

Best case scenario would be a press conference in which Sund states:

A) We will match on X date at X time and looked forward to working with Josh to continue our pursuit of an NBA championship.

B) We are only waiting to screw Memphis as much as possible for having the audacity of offering one of our RFA's.

Although, we should prolly throw Memphis a party for drafting a contract for us.