Did Anyone Else Hear About This?

Wurider05

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/61393

Bucks, Hawks chasing Elson

Posted: Friday August 08, 2008 06:59AM ET

Francisco Elson could move into the backup center role behind Andrew Bogut, if a deal can be struck between the Bucks and the 7-foot native of the Netherlands. Sources said the Bucks are considering a potential two-year deal with Elson, who split time last season with the San Antonio Spurs and Seattle SuperSonics. Elson would give the Bucks a better offensive option than current backup Dan Gadzuric, also a native of the Netherlands. Elson is a good foul shooter and can face up and hit jump shots in the 15- to 18-foot range. Elson has received offers from FC Barcelona and the Atlanta Hawks, according to HoopsHype.com

I wasn't aware that we we pursuing this guy.

RealGM

Bucks Have Verbal Agreement With Francisco Elson

Aug 08, 2008 12:27 AM EST

The Milwaukee Bucks and center Francisco Elson have a verbal agreement on a two-year contract, Elson's agent has told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Agent Calvin Andrews said the deal could be completed within 24 hours.

Via Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/61393

Bucks, Hawks chasing Elson

Posted: Friday August 08, 2008 06:59AM ET

Francisco Elson could move into the backup center role behind Andrew Bogut, if a deal can be struck between the Bucks and the 7-foot native of the Netherlands. Sources said the Bucks are considering a potential two-year deal with Elson, who split time last season with the San Antonio Spurs and Seattle SuperSonics. Elson would give the Bucks a better offensive option than current backup Dan Gadzuric, also a native of the Netherlands. Elson is a good foul shooter and can face up and hit jump shots in the 15- to 18-foot range. Elson has received offers from FC Barcelona and the Atlanta Hawks, according to HoopsHype.com

I wasn't aware that we we pursuing this guy.

Me neither. We need all the help we can get.

Adding Elson would be a very nice move. It fits with what Sund likes to do, collect 7'ers.

I actually hope we sign him. With Smith apparently back in the fold, I would think the Hawks are actually a better team than the Bucks. Plus, its Atlanta and not Milwalkee.

So we sign Elson here is what we have:

PG- Bibby/Acie

SG- JJ/Evans

SF-Marvin/Josh

PF- Josh/Horford/Marvin/Solo/Morris

C- Horford/Zaza/Elson/Morris

That's 11 guys (am I missing someone under contract?). Still need to sign 3-4 more guys. They need to go ahead and ink Luke Jackson to back up at SF and get another PG.

• Premium Member
Adding Elson would be a very nice move. It fits with what Sund likes to do, collect 7'ers.

I actually hope we sign him. With Smith apparently back in the fold, I would think the Hawks are actually a better team than the Bucks. Plus, its Atlanta and not Milwalkee.

So we sign Elson here is what we have:

PG- Bibby/Acie

SG- JJ/Evans

SF-Marvin/Josh

PF- Josh/Horford/Marvin/Solo/Morris

C- Horford/Zaza/Elson/Morris

That's 11 guys (am I missing someone under contract?). Still need to sign 3-4 more guys. They need to go ahead and ink Luke Jackson to back up at SF and get another PG.

Speedy Claxton is still on our team. And we should sign Othello Hunter

RealGM

Bucks Have Verbal Agreement With Francisco Elson

Aug 08, 2008 12:27 AM EST

The Milwaukee Bucks and center Francisco Elson have a verbal agreement on a two-year contract, Elson's agent has told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Agent Calvin Andrews said the deal could be completed within 24 hours.

Via Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

LOL Once ASG saw that fax from Memphis they called Elsons peeps and said nevermind.

LOL Once ASG saw that fax from Memphis they called Elsons peeps and said nevermind.

Ya never really know. Sund sweetened the pot and talked Evans into backing out of the Clippers deal.

With the Memphis offer sheet, Rick now knows exactly how much he has to invest. So, we'll see.

Speedy Claxton is still on our team. And we should sign Othello Hunter

Right, I knew I had forgotten someone.

So, we need:

Center

PF

Swingman

Elson, Hunter, Jackson

Good enough for me.

If not Elson, Magloire might be worth a flyer.