• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: Smoove "transformed".

DJ_Money

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...ics_overlo.html

(Visit the link only if you care to read Sekou's thoughts on the Olympics...below is the only Hawks' related nugget. I guess he has a quota to meet with the AJC or something...)

TRANSFORMER: Josh Smith was spotted Saturday playing in the championship game of the Wallace Prather Jr. Pro Summer League and left an indelible impression on those of us who hadn’t seen him since the Hawks’ playoff run ended in that Game 7 loss in Boston in early May.

He’s transformed his upper body into a sculpted mass of muscles. He looked as physically imposing as I’ve ever seen him while tussling with an array of other Atlanta-born, bred or based pros at the Adamsville Recreational Center Saturday afternoon (by the way, his team lost the big trophy because they couldn’t slow down Javaris Crittenton and Louis Williams down the stretch of an extremely competitive contest).

Smith’s added bulk doesn’t necessarily appear to be added weight either. He’s literally transformed his upper body. The added strength is something he’ll need this season as well, what with all the heavy lifting he and Al Horford will have to do in the paint if the Hawks are going to chase the playoffs again.

I like reading that. Honestly, if I was Smoove's agents, I would have told him to sit down until a contract finally got done. No lifting, no basketball, nothing that could potentially cause injury. Sit on the couch and learn to love daytime TV...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is of course great to hear, but haven't we heard this every year about Smoove? Granted I rarely get to see him play in person but he was a big strong kid his rookie year and I don't think he's gotten that much bigger or more muscular since then, has he?

• Premium Member
This is of course great to hear, but haven't we heard this every year about Smoove? Granted I rarely get to see him play in person but he was a big strong kid his rookie year and I don't think he's gotten that much bigger or more muscular since then, has he?

Smoove really blew up his second year. He came back down his third year. I would say his 2nd year, he looked closer to 240 ...

One thing I worried about with Smoove and Michael Phelps is Steroids.

Smoove really blew up his second year. He came back down his third year. I would say his 2nd year, he looked closer to 240 ...

One thing I worried about with Smoove and Michael Phelps is Steroids.

Phelps is being tested after every race!

He wants to leave no doubts!

Smoove was NOTICEABLY bigger last year than he was as a rookie and it sounds like he may be even bigger (at least more muscular) now. Sekou's report doesn't surprise me at all (neither did his report about Marvin) because those young guys are obviously still growing into their bodies. I think I posted it before but it won't surprise me in the least to see Smoove carrying around 250+, Marvin 245+ and Horford 260+ before it is all said and done. I'll tell you one thing, if Smoove does get up to around 250 lbs or so of muscle, he is going to be HARD to deal with on both ends.

Think that means he moves down low to the PF spot?

Hawk88

I don't think so. I think we're going to be using Smith for what he's known for on both the offensive and defensive side. More weight simply means he'll be getting thrown around like a rag doll less down low, and he can work on that post offense a little bit. But permanently moving Josh Smith down low, for example PFs like Duncan, Bosh, Boozer... I don't think that's going to happen. Hopefully Smith still has his 'quickness' even after putting on more muscle.

Smoove was NOTICEABLY bigger last year than he was as a rookie and it sounds like he may be even bigger (at least more muscular) now. Sekou's report doesn't surprise me at all (neither did his report about Marvin) because those young guys are obviously still growing into their bodies. I think I posted it before but it won't surprise me in the least to see Smoove carrying around 250+, Marvin 245+ and Horford 260+ before it is all said and done. I'll tell you one thing, if Smoove does get up to around 250 lbs or so of muscle, he is going to be HARD to deal with on both ends.

According to articles in the AJC last summer Smith cut weight going into this past season.

You guys do know that Phelps swims THOUSANDS of miles...right?

He also eats over 12,000 calories PER DAY... combine that with a tiring sport of swimming constantly, and you've got a jacked individual.

No steroids there, folks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7562840.stm