• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spain vs. USA

BigDirty

Close high scoring game after the first quarter. I fear that Spain might outpace itself, I mean they're a deep team but the USA are deeper. Too bad Calderon is injured and Lopez is playing like s*** today, so it all depends on young Ricky Rubio.

EDIT: And of course the refs still don't call travelling against the USA.

Edited by BigDirty

69-61 halftime lead for team USA.

Since when can Wade hit threes? He's making nearly everything.

Spain's PG problems today are showing, they made a couple of lazy turnovers when Navarro was taking over the point.

Hopefully the game stays kinda close.

91-89 8 minutes to go, you people are missing a superb game.

EDIT: 108-104 2 minutes to go. 3 by Wade, 111-104. :(

With the Calderon issue and the refs today, I bet the European media will have a field day with this. Game was a lot closer than I thought.

USA win the gold medal 118-107. Great game, Wade made all the difference. Spain showed that they can hang with the US (and with Calderon they would've won by 20 of course :snowballfight: ).

Edited by BigDirty

Glad i was up for this game. One thing i noticed is the international game is much more physical. There are a lot moving screens and i didn't see one foul for guys battling for post position. Spain played about as great a game as you could expect them too. The USA took alot of ill advised 3 pointers but just have too many great players. Wade seems to be back at his championship level and Kobe didn't want to go home a loser.

On a side note chris paul must have missed 4 layups and deron missed 2 i think and there were all from point blank range when they could have put the dagger in spains heart much earlier.

Glad i was up for this game. One thing i noticed is the international game is much more physical. There are a lot moving screens and i didn't see one foul for guys battling for post position. Spain played about as great a game as you could expect them too. The USA took alot of ill advised 3 pointers but just have too many great players. Wade seems to be back at his championship level and Kobe didn't want to go home a loser.

On a side note chris paul must have missed 4 layups and deron missed 2 i think and there were all from point blank range when they could have put the dagger in spains heart much earlier.

Somebody should also tell Kidd that he shouldn't get a gold M.

should be on nbcolympics.com

Great game altogether, i doubt calderon would have made much a difference...they were shooting like 60% anyways...its just their defense is worse than the US team defense. Their depth kept them in the game though, as they were able to hold on like no other team has.