• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavs close to signing Lorenzen Wright

Boomer

Wright isnt all that slow geesh..much faster than Big Z at least lol decent pick up by Cavs if it does indeed go through..i would of minded having him back in a Hawks uniform to help out downlow but oh well..looks like our roster is set. We should go for Mutombo though lol would be cool

• Moderators
He's solid depth. Better than Zaza.

Darko's average of 300 points per season (impressive, I know, but for perspective Zaza averaged 900 per season his first two years in Atlanta) is dwarfed by Zaza and he will have "earned" roughly $39,000,000 after his current deal expires in 2010. He will then be a mere 25 years old and ready to cash in on yet another over the top for his ability contract.

As for Lo Wright, I'll take Zaza at this point in their careers. Lo lost his way when he came to Atlanta. Before then, he was the best of the three.

Darko's average of 300 points per season (impressive, I know, but for perspective Zaza averaged 900 per season his first two years in Atlanta) is dwarfed by Zaza and he will have "earned" roughly $39,000,000 after his current deal expires in 2010. He will then be a mere 25 years old and ready to cash in on yet another over the top for his ability contract.

As for Lo Wright, I'll take Zaza at this point in their careers. Lo lost his way when he came to Atlanta. Before then, he was the best of the three.

@ Darko comment, have you seen his game played in the first two season? Can't get a lot of points to make up for the averages on that one. Darko averages 120+ blk and about 300 defensive rebounds per season for the past 2 seasons... Zaza averages about 14 blk and 150 def reb. I'm not sure where you're getting on this one. I'd give up some offense for defense and rebounding for sure.

Lo Wright and Zaza is a wash right now, but I'd give the edge to Lo for better defense and rebounding.

• Moderators
@ Darko comment, have you seen his game played in the first two season? Can't get a lot of points to make up for the averages on that one. Darko averages 120+ blk and about 300 defensive rebounds per season for the past 2 seasons... Zaza averages about 14 blk and 150 def reb. I'm not sure where you're getting on this one. I'd give up some offense for defense and rebounding for sure.

Lo Wright and Zaza is a wash right now, but I'd give the edge to Lo for better defense and rebounding.

Darko is easily among the most overpaid players in recent basketball history.

He got 10M for sitting on the bench in Detroit. He was a failure in Orlando and is now overpaid in Memphis. They are talking about trading hiim as a salary throw in to get overpaid Zach Randolph - specifically because they know he is not someone talented enough to build around. He has never had 300 defensive rebounds in a season, but I will grant you that he has

been close the last two years.

You are shortchanging Zaza, though. He had more defensive rebounds than Milicic has ever had in a season in both the 2005-06 season and the 2006-07 season.

Of course, neither is good. Milicic's amazing rebounding is less than you get in a season from someone like Iggy or Kidd. Is that supposed to be impressive? Darko gives you fewer points, more blocks and fewer rebounds than Zaza in a typical season and gets paid substantially more.

• 9 months later...
  • Premium Member

Don't agree with that

• Premium Member
Talk about raising the dead. Can I ask why you brought this old topic back to light?

Saw this

and had to respond. But at the time of the quote that may have been true.

I won't even say that during his first stint with the Hawks Lo was that much more valuable than Zaza when you factor in contracts.

Lo is still only 33. In 2000, with the Hawks he averaged 12 points and almost 8 boards a game in 28 minutes per. Although, we weren't very good...25 W's.

Darko is easily among the most overpaid players in recent basketball history.

He got 10M for sitting on the bench in Detroit. He was a failure in Orlando and is now overpaid in Memphis. They are talking about trading hiim as a salary throw in to get overpaid Zach Randolph - specifically because they know he is not someone talented enough to build around. He has never had 300 defensive rebounds in a season, but I will grant you that he has

been close the last two years.

You are shortchanging Zaza, though. He had more defensive rebounds than Milicic has ever had in a season in both the 2005-06 season and the 2006-07 season.

Of course, neither is good. Milicic's amazing rebounding is less than you get in a season from someone like Iggy or Kidd. Is that supposed to be impressive? Darko gives you fewer points, more blocks and fewer rebounds than Zaza in a typical season and gets paid substantially more.

Darko was traded to New York for Q Brick already. He will then put up career bests in rebounds, blocks and points playing in D'Antonis high octane offense and work his way into a lucrative 5 year deal worth ~9 mill per year further taunting all your basketball sensibilities :cool:

• Moderators
Darko was traded to New York for Q Brick already. He will then put up career bests in rebounds, blocks and points playing in D'Antonis high octane offense and work his way into a lucrative 5 year deal worth ~9 mill per year further taunting all your basketball sensibilities :cool:

And I will still happily take a $4M/year Zaza Pachulia over him every time!

(And I'll note that Darko lived up to my expectations last season from last September when I made that post.)

Edited by AHF

And I will still happily take a $4M/year Zaza Pachulia over him every time!

(And I'll note that Darko lived up to my expectations last season from last September when I made that post.)

Wow never even bothered to check the date on your post, thought this thread was new. But yea Darko just needs to show a .00025% increase in any of his stats and some team will throw large sums of money at him. This year guys won't even factor in D'Antoni's pace they'll just show him the money and he will continue taunting you. I doubt he's your basketball nemesis but everyone needs one to shake their fists at. Here I'll tell you mine, Nate Robinson!!!!!!!!