• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin's Position

Swatguy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crimedog, are you a poor man's pritchard and perhaps don't know where else to express your frustration with your own self?

W

Pretty sure everything I've ever said about Marv was that he doesn't have the fluidness to be what people think he'll be and that a big part of the reason people think he underperforms is because they think he has the physical ability to do things he simply doesn't.

I actually think you quoted a post of mine conveying those sentiments and said "exactly"

Kevin Pritchard was in high school when Sam Bowie was drafted so we can only assign him part of the blame on that one...

Let's be honest, Marvin has yet to use his size and length effectively playing as a SF. He just isn't a PF.

I'm not going to rule out the possibility that he can still develop into a different kind of player. He's still the youngest guy we have on the roster, even though he's in his fourth season. He's shown that he can make offseason adjustments to improve his game, like he did with his three point shooting (though let's be honest, his shot was always smooth, just didn't quite have the range).

I honestly think he could become a good defensive player. He just has the attitude of a smaller player-it leads me to wonder if he was a late bloomer, played a lot of guard when he was in high school before having a huge growth spurt that put into a forward's body. Honestly, he still moves a little awkward, like he's still adjusting to having long legs and arms. If he just outgrew the awkwardness he'd easily have a more complete face up game and should easily become a good defender.