• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WHA HAPPENED!

What happened to the previous banner?

I loved the banner with all the former and present Hawks players.

Did NBA make you change it because it had the Hawks logos on the jersey and they threatened that it could be copyright infringement.

No reason in particular other than I was ready to change it for the new season and we've had players up there for 6 years so I wanted to go with something a little different this time.

Hopefully you guys like it.

Definitely awesome.

But, can I be picky? (If not, don't read below).

I don't like the white stripe out to the side of each wing. Could you make that blue?

(Gyeesh. I sound like my wife. Uck).

Of course I don't mind you being picky or like a wife.

Are you talking about the white border on the outside of the Hawk? If I made that blue it would kind of blend in with the background of the page and the intent is to make it "pop" off the page a little.

Are you talking about the white border on the outside of the Hawk? If I made that blue it would kind of blend in with the background of the page and the intent is to make it "pop" off the page a little.

I agree with that. It gives a nice pop

Edited by frankthetank966

Obviously the border can't be blue - or the tips of the Hawk's wings would just blend in with the background. Personally, I don't know how easy it is to change these things (is it just like "background color" in Windows?)....if so I would make the background throwback yellow and make the border dark maroon. Just for sh!ts and giggles for a month or so...that would be an attention-getting color. Otherwise I would make the border yellow (better than the white IMHO). Actually - if it is as easy as a Windows command you could switch the background depending on wins and losses - If we go on a winning streak - keep the same color.

We could keep track of which colors produce the most wins (switch when we lose) and make sure we only use the best colors when we go into the playoffs....we may end up with a Tennesse Orange background with a pink border - but if it helps us win - who cares?

P.S. - I was a baseball player in my youth so I know all about superstition. :hush: These things work.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Yeah, it does pop. Not sure if it crackles or snaps. /booooo!

It will probably look more of what I'm picturing in my mind when there are more scores running across the screen below it...

Yeah unfortunately that scoreboard area looks goofy when there are only a couple of games but there's not much I can do about it. And before you ask I put a TON of work into borrowing the data for the scoreboard making it function so I'm definitely not taking it down either! LOL

I love the scoreboard, too.

I used it a bunch last season...

Good to know that someone used it! I have to crack up a little when I read people asking where to find a radio link and I'm like uhh the "Listen Live" link right there in the scoreboard on the top of every page.

Obviously the border can't be blue - or the tips of the Hawk's wings would just blend in with the background. Personally, I don't know how easy it is to change these things (is it just like "background color" in Windows?)....if so I would make the background throwback yellow and make the border dark maroon. Just for sh!ts and giggles for a month or so...that would be an attention-getting color. Otherwise I would make the border yellow (better than the white IMHO). Actually - if it is as easy as a Windows command you could switch the background depending on wins and losses - If we go on a winning streak - keep the same color.

We could keep track of which colors produce the most wins (switch when we lose) and make sure we only use the best colors when we go into the playoffs....we may end up with a Tennesse Orange background with a pink border - but if it helps us win - who cares?

P.S. - I was a baseball player in my youth so I know all about superstition. :hush: These things work.

Umm, yeah ... it's not quite like a background color in windows and while I could do it (because I'm obviously awesome) I'm not too keen on going back to the gold and red colors of yesteryear.

Umm, yeah ... it's not quite like a background color in windows and while I could do it (because I'm obviously awesome) I'm not too keen on going back to the gold and red colors of yesteryear.

Just a thought from a non-tekkie....I love the site just fine...great work man.

It has that "Old-School" look to it

Edited by DJlaysitup

Meh, I still think this forum looked the best when it was at the point a little bit after we just switched. Every thing looks so hectic with the new skins. I'm glad that we have the option of choosing which skin though.

I'm stunned that you don't like something.