• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anything you need to know about Childress

sofoklis

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at those highlights and the crowd and the gym, etc...do you think JC is truly happy over there?

Read all my posts. I said that in Euroleague all stadiums are big. I know that this gym is crappy ,but Josh played in a friendly game against Maccabi where the stadium was full with 15.000 people. Almost all europe stadiums are big. Here in Greece we have 5-6 big stadiums and all others are small .

I did not say that Greek league is equal with nba league,but you can wait until euroleague games

• Moderators

That line looks like what you would expect from Childress in terms of scoring - good %s from the line and 2pt range and a low 3p%. I am very interested to see how he shoots from 3 over the course of the year because he can't count on being left wide open like he could in Atlanta but at least the line is closer.

• Moderators

I read it wrong the first time as well being used to the FGM/FGA to start a boxscore here in the US. I just notice he was also 4/6 and 0/3 and wondered how 8/8 FGs and 4/6 from the line could equal 16 and figured out they show FTAs, 2pt FGAs, and 3pt FGAs in that order (1/2/3).

Childress will play with Kobe next year...

http://www.talkbasket.net/blogs/olympiacos...60-million.html

You guys wish. 60 million is one thing, 60 million over 3 years is another. He can make rougly 20 a year with the Lakers and sure he'll have to pay taxes and miss some of the "perks" but really, how much money can a person spend?

Seriously. Highly unlikely. HIGHLY unlikely.

Also i must inform you that Josh Childress will be stronger when he face Olympiakos big rival(Panathinaikos). These games have nothing to do with nba games. Here are some videos where you can see what i mean. BE WARNED. These videos may hurt your love for basketball :P

Edited by sofoklis

• Premium Member
That line looks like what you would expect from Childress in terms of scoring - good %s from the line and 2pt range and a low 3p%. I am very interested to see how he shoots from 3 over the course of the year because he can't count on being left wide open like he could in Atlanta but at least the line is closer.

The interesting thing I read was Childress saying that there is no defensive three second rule and the physical play is high there.

In other words, teams just camp in the middle.

The fact that CHilllz can remain so efficient under those conditions is a credit to him.

• Moderators
The interesting thing I read was Childress saying that there is no defensive three second rule and the physical play is high there.

In other words, teams just camp in the middle.

The fact that CHilllz can remain so efficient under those conditions is a credit to him.

In the first game, he was 4 for 9 from the field and 0-3 from 3pt range so I think it remains to be seen how efficient he will be over the course of the season. It is difficult to see an apples-to-apples comparison of his play as the star of a Greek league team and as the 6th man on an NBA. He could cherry pick his shots in the NBA because he wasn't asked to create scoring but played against much tougher defenses, etc. It is hard to sort all that out but I do expect Childress to remain efficient from 2pt range. My curiosity is whether having a hand in his face (even if the defender is generally smaller and/or less athletic than what he faced in the NBA) alters his 3pt shooting. It is fair to say that most of his 3s here were wide open and I suspect people won't leave him nearly as wide open in Greece. On the plus side for him, the 3pt line is closer so if he can hit the shots equally well with a little pressure then we should see his 3pt shooting rise appreciably.