• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

confused

macdaddy

• Admin
Waived

I thought there was a story last week that we had 14 under contract and couldn't keep both West and Gardner. Now I can't figure out who that 14th person was as the roster is at 15 with both of them included.

I read somewhere that they wanted to keep it at 14 to have flexibility to pick up someone. If Marvin and Speedy are hurt I bet we will keep 15 and this will be our opening roster.

• Moderators
I read somewhere that they wanted to keep it at 14 to have flexibility to pick up someone. If Marvin and Speedy are hurt I bet we will keep 15 and this will be our opening roster.

Why wouldn't we just cut Gardner or someone if we needed to pick someone up? I don't see why anyone would carry less than 15 unless they are pressed up against the luxury tax and simply have to have the $$ room.

Edited by AHF

Hubbard, Robinson waived

By STAFF REPORTS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Hawks trimmed their roster to 15 players on Tuesday by waiving center Marcus Hubbard and guard Frank Robinson.

Here’s the current roster by position:

RELATED STORIES

Hubbard, Robinson waived

Marvin Williams hurt in Hawks preseason win

Abdur-Rahim joins Kings staff as coach

More Hawks coverage

• Guards: Mike Bibby, Speedy Claxton, Maurice Evans, Thomas Gardner, Joe Johnson, Acie Law, Flip Murray, Mario West.

• Forwards and Centers: Al Horford, Othello Hunter, Solomon Jones, Randolph Morris, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams.