• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford's offense

exodus

We need Horford to start scoring this year. Last year i went over at length how i think he needs to go about it. In short i think he needs to take his mid range shots, use his quickness to get by guys and stop trying to back guys down.

The first two games were a mixed bag. Last game i think he made every midrange shot he took. He can get that shot any time he wants. Guys like Brand, Boozer and Amare score at least 7 ppg on those shots shooting roughly 45%. Can Horford do that? I think he can in time.

However i think the real big key for him is to use his quickness to get by guys and i saw some evidence he is trying to do that. Last game he got the ball on the baseline with Brand on him. He faced him up, drove by him baseline and tried to dunk on Brand's head, getting fouled in the process by Brand and Daly. That is EXACTLY what i want to see from him. He made a similar move against Orlando (i forgot who was guarding him) got under the rim and passed it out to Evans who hit a 3.

What i don't like to see is him trying to back down someone like Brand and then shoot his jump hook straight in. Horford's jump hook is just ok and i would rather see him take it only when he can use the glass or is right under the rim. Otherwise i would rather see him take his turnaround j.

We need Horford to start scoring this year. Last year i went over at length how i think he needs to go about it. In short i think he needs to take his mid range shots, use his quickness to get by guys and stop trying to back guys down.

The first two games were a mixed bag. Last game i think he made every midrange shot he took. He can get that shot any time he wants. Guys like Brand, Boozer and Amare score at least 7 ppg on those shots shooting roughly 45%. Can Horford do that? I think he can in time.

However i think the real big key for him is to use his quickness to get by guys and i saw some evidence he is trying to do that. Last game he got the ball on the baseline with Brand on him. He faced him up, drove by him baseline and tried to dunk on Brand's head, getting fouled in the process by Brand and Daly. That is EXACTLY what i want to see from him. He made a similar move against Orlando (i forgot who was guarding him) got under the rim and passed it out to Evans who hit a 3.

What i don't like to see is him trying to back down someone like Brand and then shoot his jump hook straight in. Horford's jump hook is just ok and i would rather see him take it only when he can use the glass or is right under the rim. Otherwise i would rather see him take his turnaround j.

I think he is doing fine. I dont think he has to score any more than he is..i predict he will avg about 11 points this season..you cant expect anything more than that playing will JJ JSmooth Flip and Bibby..we have scorers on this team

Look who he's going v. great defensive players in Brand/Sam and DH12

I agree with you Ex. Hoford doesn't seem to be using his strength when he does back people down either. He was supposed to be as big as Brand last night, why not back him all the way down? Instead he seems somewhat tentative.

I'd definitely like to see some more quick moves from him. That move against Brand that you mentioned was exactly what he needs to be doing.

Some pick and roll would be nice too, I never see him get the ball after setting a pick. None of our guys do really.

One thing I have noticed about Horford is that he's really predictable. Seems he gets blocked or his shot altered a lot as a result. Predictability is ok if you have a dominant move, but he doesn't have that. He needs to mix it up and work quicker.

One thing I have noticed about Horford is that he's really predictable. Seems he gets blocked or his shot altered a lot as a result. Predictability is ok if you have a dominant move, but he doesn't have that. He needs to mix it up and work quicker.

"Mechanical" was what the scouts used to describe his post game, which is a decent word for it. He's not Shelden Williams mechanical, but he doesn't seem to have any fakes or countermoves down low.

The non-use of the pick and roll still confounds me. I keep thinking about that PHX team a couple of years ago - they had a far more "undersized" frontcourt than we did with Marion and Amare but they had the most statistically dominant offense since the 96' Bulls. Granted, their personnel was far more talented but the point remains that they ran the PnR over and over and over and over becuse it exploited the athleticism mismatches that their big men had.