• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Insider Request- Hollingers take on the Hawk's Loss

HawkItus

2. The Hawks finally lost last night, but arguably left an even better impression than they had by opening with six wins. Atlanta was missing Josh Smith, lost Zaza Pachulia and had Al Horford saddled with foul trouble (he played just 23 minutes), yet took the defending champs to the wire in their own building -- something the Hawks never came close to doing in last April's seven-game playoff series.

The standout number for me is the 4-for-4 on 3-pointers from Marvin Williams. He has a wonderful stroke and seemingly could use it to punish defenses from long range, but to this point he's been mostly a midrange shooter. In fact, he only made one 3-pointer all of last season. This season, he's 8-for-11 from downtown in the six games he's played, putting him on pace to finish with 100 or so triples on the season and providing some extra spacing for Joe Johnson to do his thing off the dribble.

2. The Hawks finally lost last night, but arguably left an even better impression than they had by opening with six wins. Atlanta was missing Josh Smith, lost Zaza Pachulia and had Al Horford saddled with foul trouble (he played just 23 minutes), yet took the defending champs to the wire in their own building -- something the Hawks never came close to doing in last April's seven-game playoff series.

The standout number for me is the 4-for-4 on 3-pointers from Marvin Williams. He has a wonderful stroke and seemingly could use it to punish defenses from long range, but to this point he's been mostly a midrange shooter. In fact, he only made one 3-pointer all of last season. This season, he's 8-for-11 from downtown in the six games he's played, putting him on pace to finish with 100 or so triples on the season and providing some extra spacing for Joe Johnson to do his thing off the dribble.

Thanks CD. I wonder what a realistic % from three is for Marvin? I mean the kid has an absolute flawless stroke, so if he isn't the streaky kind of shooter you usually see making three's at this rate.

When you see Marvin's jumping ability and just watch him in shooting drills, I can see how he was drafted so high. I don't think he shoots before games anymore but when he did he always impressed me, rarely missing anything. He can shoot no doubt, and he seems to square up a little better shooting 3's so far as opposed to drifting at times on his midrangers. Still though I'm not far from believing with Diesel that he's mentally destined to just be Tim Thomas#2. But who knows, he's definitely gifted.

You can tell that Marvin is much more confident this season compared to previous ones. That shot last night was nothing but clutch and if he can keep up this shooting pace the rest of the year the court should really open up more for Joe and the rest of our cutters.

The 3 Marvin hit last season wasn't legit either. It was from halfcourt at the end of a quarter.

Good to see that the reports were right on him though because he really has added that 3 to his arsenal and perhaps this season Marvin can take a step towards shutting up those Chris Paul lovers.

I admit that I wanted Marvin over CP3 but after the year Paul had last season I was finally thinking that we did make a mistake. Now maybe Marvin can prove me right even after I thought I was wrong.

He's got such a pretty stroke it only seems like it was a matter of time before he started hitting them. And it is nice that we have the shot doctor, Mark Price, if he or someone else gets a hitch.

Really agreed with what he said about Marvin hitting those shots really opens up the spacing for the other guys. Helps everyone on the team.

You can tell that Marvin is much more confident this season compared to previous ones. That shot last night was nothing but clutch and if he can keep up this shooting pace the rest of the year the court should really open up more for Joe and the rest of our cutters.

The 3 Marvin hit last season wasn't legit either. It was from halfcourt at the end of a quarter.

Good to see that the reports were right on him though because he really has added that 3 to his arsenal and perhaps this season Marvin can take a step towards shutting up those Chris Paul lovers.

I admit that I wanted Marvin over CP3 but after the year Paul had last season I was finally thinking that we did make a mistake. Now maybe Marvin can prove me right even after I thought I was wrong.

uh I love Marvin and everything but he's never going to be as good as CP3. I wish people would stop comparing those two and realize Marvin is just what he is..a good player. He's never going to be a hall of famer like Paul.

People have said that Marvin's potential was James Worthy or T-Mac.

After watching him last year, I said Glen Rice ( if he develops the 3 ), with a touch of Josh Howard. With him looking like a legit 3-point threat this year, he needs to develop the midrange pull-up jumper while going to the hole going into next season.

If he can add that, to his standstill midrange and 3 point jumper, he's going to be a very efficient offensive player in the years to come.

People have said that Marvin's potential was James Worthy or T-Mac.

After watching him last year, I said Glen Rice ( if he develops the 3 ), with a touch of Josh Howard. With him looking like a legit 3-point threat this year, he needs to develop the midrange pull-up jumper while going to the hole going into next season.

If he can add that, to his standstill midrange and 3 point jumper, he's going to be a very efficient offensive player in the years to come.

What I wouldn't give for Marvin to become a James Worthy type of player for us. It could still happen but I'm just not sure he'll ever be aggressive enough to realize his physical potential.