Give me one reason why Bibby shouldn't be sixth man

GameTime

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This would make JJ very unhappy

I don't know, if Acie got sustained playing time he might surprise some people. If not, they could always switch back. I think with Marvin showing he can shoot it wouldn't be as bad as some people think with the triple teaming of JJ.

I'm not saying it would work, but I would like to see it tried just to get a final verdict on Acie going forward.

• Premium Member
I don't know, if Acie got sustained playing time he might surprise some people. If not, they could always switch back. I think with Marvin showing he can shoot it wouldn't be as bad as some people think with the triple teaming of JJ.

I'm not saying it would work, but I would like to see it tried just to get a final verdict on Acie going forward.

Did you notice how many times JJ touched the ball in the 4th quarter? And even when he called for it, he screwed up the momentum! A real point guard would pass to the open man not JJ reguardless. Fewer touches would make JJ unhappy.

Did you notice how many times JJ touched the ball in the 4th quarter? And even when he called for it, he screwed up the momentum! A real point guard would pass to the open man not JJ reguardless. Fewer touches would make JJ unhappy.

Nope, I haven't seen many games this year cause I'm usually working. I've mainly been checking box scores, and Acie hasn't had much playing time.

Joe hasn't shown being a selfish player. If we start to win more games I doubt he'd care if he doesn't dominate the ball as much. Woody is the one that has put it in him to dominate it and go one on one. He'd get more wide open looks with a real PG.

Edited by Cwell

I don't know what you said here, but I can't comment on tonight's game because I didn't see it.

what i'm saying is Acie always played alot better when he started and doesn't look the same off the bench. Tonight he played like the Acie that starts.

Edited by Cwell

• Premium Member
I don't know what you said here, but I can't comment on tonight's game because I didn't see it.

Let me explain it to you. Acie dominated the ball in the 4th quarter. Led the fast breaks and set the table in the half court. This is usually what JJ does especially in the half court. JJ essentially didn't touch the ball when Acie was running point because Acie was setting up our big men for layup and dunks or shooting layups himself. JJ felt a little left out after a while so Woodson called an isolation play for JJ which ended in disaster. In fact you didn't even know JJ was on the floor when acie was running point because the offense was totally different. No stagnant posts ups or Iso plays. He attacked the rim aggressively. And this was not during garbage time because the Cav's starters were still in the game. Acie also made our 3 point shooter look good because he as drawing the defense in and kicking out to a wide open Mo Evans. In short the Joe Iso play was abandon which our main offense play and if this continues, I think that Joe would be unhappy,

Edited by Peoriabird

Because when he is healthy he is our 2nd best player or because Acie Law shows up once every 8 games. You pick.

his health aint an issue,all he does is shoot jumpers. Acie never gets playing time. He's looked good like 4 out of the last 5 games or so and he's just now getting 20 minutes for the 1st time in the season. Flip can look like crap every second he's on the floor but Woody watches him suck and plays him 25 minutes every night. the same with Mo. but when Acie misses a shot or gets a foul he's out with 4-5 minutes and doesn't come back. Woody is biased as hell. U don't earn your minutes,u can only lose them. Vets get minutes no matter what.

Let me explain it to you. Acie dominated the ball in the 4th quarter. Led the fast breaks and set the table in the half court. This is usually what JJ does especially in the half court. JJ essentially didn't touch the ball when Acie was running point because Acie was setting up our big men for layup and dunks or shooting layups himself. JJ felt a little left out after a while so Woodson called an isolation play for JJ which ended in disaster. In fact you didn't even know JJ was on the floor when acie was running point because the offense was totally different. No stagnant posts ups or Iso plays. He attacked the rim aggressively. And this was not during garbage time because the Cav's starters were still in the game. Acie also made our 3 point shooter look good because he as drawing the defense in and kicking out to a wide open Mo Evan. In short the Joe Iso play was abandon which our main offense play and if this continues, I think that Joe would be unhappy,

I think there is a happy medium that could be reached between getting Joe the ball and Acie running the point like it's supposed to be run.