• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons vs Carolina

DrReality

I never said that, and you know it.

Second, TD has shown that he picks the best value, not the best value at a given position.

Third, the operative word is reportedly, until shown otherwise its just hearsay.

The Falcons may very well take a TE early, but that does not negate the reality that the defense is need of a significant infusion of talent. Hence, my position that the team would do itself a lot of good by using the first 3 picks on defense.

I think we can address our CB, DE, OLB in Free Agency. There's a quite a few good players at those positions that are, so far, going to be UFAs. After seeing a little bit of Jermaine Grisham in the Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech game, he looked like a very good fit in the Falcons offense. He's big and he's a good run blocker. He has good hands and he is very quick. Best of all, he's 6'6" giving us another goal line threat to compliment Turner. We still need a big, explosive DT to replace Babineaux or Grady Jackson, if he retires.

Babs just signed a 5 year contract extension, so he wouldnt be the one getting replaced. Grady would be the one to go. We might need to find a better fit at DE than Jamaal unfortunately. And no, we do not need another CB...just resign Foxworth. He will probably be cheaper than a player of his similar ilk in FA.

What if we could lure a player like Julius Peppers away from Carolina ? Or Baltimore's Terrell Suggs ? I still think we need to use a draft pick for a young pass rusher, but not our top picks. We need a SS, DT, or TE. We don't necessarily need a CB, but if we could get a player like Asoughma (sp?), it would instantly improve our defense. He is worth the money. If we could get two big time free agents, I think we could compete for the Super Bowl. We need Grady for one more year, so I hope he doesn't retire.

Oakland wont let Asohowdoyouspellit go. Even if they did, he would instantly command north of 10 mil /year. In our scheme, the CBs dont have to be great. They just have to cover well and play the receiver. Our scheme relies HEAVILY on our safeties and D Line to step up and make the plays. The D line has to be able to create that pass rush and the safeties HAVE to be able to provide help over the top. Therefore, Asoguy isnt really the answer. Julius Peppers sounds nice, but he would be pricey too. He instantly provides another player to create the rush that we desperately need. However, what do you do with Jamaal--our high priced 1st round draft pick who has looked better this year? His sacks arent there, but he does a decent job against the run and contains fairly well. Julius isnt a spring chicken anymore (like Abraham), but they are both about the same age. He wont come cheap, but if we could nab him and a stud DT/NT via draft or free agency, I am all for it. The TE can come in the draft.