• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks offensive Hollinger stats

exodus

The Hawks offensive efficiency (pts per 100 possessions) is 5th in the league which surprised me a bit. We are 8th in the league in TS%.The 3 pt shooting is playing a big role obviously.

The Hawks are 10th in offensive rebounding ratio.

The big negative to me is that we are 24th in the league in pace of play. The Hawks aren't pushing the ball up the floor for easy baskets very often. Hopefully that will change with Smith back.

The big negative to me is that we are 24th in the league in pace of play. The Hawks aren't pushing the ball up the floor for easy baskets very often. Hopefully that will change with Smith back.

Not much with Bibby/JJ/Flip hogging the PG minutes. We have to wait for Acie's development before that changes significantly.

our pace is always going to be slow with woody coaching, but that's not a bad thing at all. the pistons and spurs were notorious for playing slow, but a slow efficient offense can go a long way especially when alot of our possessions end with three pointers. teams have a hard time coming back because we limit their possessions. that's why we always are winning by 6+ points but staying in the nineties (with josh smith). other teams do have enough chances to make up for earlier misses and our three pointers.

Say what? "Hard time coming back?" Man, we just blew a 26 point lead that darn near got back down to 3 yesterday. Unfortunately, we are always finding ways to let teams back into the game. I would love for us to pick up the pace--I mean, with these young gazelles we have, it would be natural mismatch. Then again, how long have we heard that tune played? If we can play defense consistently, our pace can go up and we wouldnt have to worry as much.

we blew a 23 pt lead because we basically slept walked through the third and fourth quarter. every team in the league makes runs and their's just so happened to go longer than usual. also, i'm taking into account that josh smith is still not 100%. what i said earlier only applies when we are fully healthy (like we were on the first 4 games).

My thought is that the pacing is less of an issue if we are hitting at a high % from deep. However, if that 3pt% dips as the season runs on, we should definitely be pushing the pace. Bibby was adept at running the break in Sacto, he throws great alley-oops while running at full speed and Smith is as good at finishing those as anyone in the history of the game.

The biggest concern I have about pacing is that the half-court stuff always runs through Joe and he could potentially wear down as the season progresses.

The Hawks offensive efficiency (pts per 100 possessions) is 5th in the league which surprised me a bit. We are 8th in the league in TS%.The 3 pt shooting is playing a big role obviously.

The Hawks are 10th in offensive rebounding ratio.

Hilarious that the board always gripes about Woody's offense and yet we are currently ranked 5th in the entire NBA in offensive efficiency.

Honestly, we really run the same basic offensive set that the majoirty of teams in the NBA run if you watch closely. Eric Snow was demonstrating the set the other night in the studio and I watched us run it numerous times the other night versus MEM. The set has several different options off of it and some teams favor certain options over others but the basics are the same. It is working well for Woody now because we have better players executing it (particularly at PG with Bibby and at SF with the new an improved Marvin version 4.0).