• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NHL

Swish

Wanted to gauge the interest here in the National Hockey League.

Are you put off by hockey?

Watch it for the fighting?

Enjoy attending NHL games?

Something else?

I was given some tix to the Nashville Predators a coupla months ago and immensely enjoyed live hockey and got hooked (I still don't like it on TV) and am headed down to the Sommet Center tonight for another game.

Honestly, I'd watch hockey if it weren't for the fights. I think it's legit winter sport plagued by some need to be overly macho.

A very intriguing sports discussion is whether or not to ban fighting in the NHL...I'd say leave it. Hockey is probably the dirtiest sport, and a lot of times necessitates retaliation in order to maintain order/etc. Example, check out what happened last night.

J.P. Dumont (NSH) got cold-cocked by Burrows (VAN) when he didn't have the puck and wasn't paying attention. Burrows came way off the ice to level him and it left him dazed badly, and there was no penalty. It was ridiculous. 4, 5 seconds later the NSH captain, Jason Arnott, skates in for retaliation. A hit like that doesn't go unpunished.

Watch:

• Admin
Honestly, I'd watch hockey if it weren't for the fights. I think it's legit winter sport plagued by some need to be overly macho.

Fighting is such a small part of the game. It is just so emphasized down here in the states.

Hockey is such a skill game and a very exciting fast paced sport to watch.

Being from Atlanta, I had really no idea what hockey was about. But, when I moved to Connecticut, I got to watch a lot of Bruins games and I developed a real appreciation for the game. I actually really like watching a good, fast-paced game. I don't like 6-8 score games, more like the 3-4 games. Same with baseball. I would actually say that a good hockey game is easily as fun to watch as a good basketball or baseball game.

What I don't like watching is bad hockey, which is about as bad as it gets in pro-sports. In terms of our local team, the Thrashers are as about as bad a hockey team as there is. They have no identity, no defense, and only one play maker. Waddell has to go for the Thrashers to be a good team. There is simply no debate on this issue, but the ASG won't make the move.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to go to the games. I watched a lot in college because my roomates were Canadian, but now I'll only watch playoff games or go to games when my company gives me Rangers tickets.

It is a really fun sport when its going well and the last couple minutes of a tie game or a one point game are unbelievalby intsnse because there are so many instances of a guy scoring with 1.7 seconds left on the clock or something.

I don't really care about the fighting one way or another.

I don't know if I'll ever be a real Thrashers fan though.