• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pierce?

buckeye242424

Still a game time decision. Curious to know the opinion of everyone. As a Hawks fan, would you prefer Pierce to play or not. Part of me wants him to play because I want the Celts at full strength and if we were fortunate to win, it would be another stepping stone in 08-09. Part of me wants him not to play because a win is a win, and our chances with him out of the line-up certainly helps.

Then you have the Nation's perception. We all know the Hawks are never on National TV (except for the playoffs). Pierce doesn't play, all that will be said is "the Hawks only won because Pierce didn't play." Personally, if he's able to go, I would prefer it...let's prove on our home court we can beat the Champs to everyone.

I don't want him to play because they aren't as good without him and all I care about is the win. Honestly I could care less what the rest of the nation thinks of us for beating them without Pierce.

They aren't as good without him but I wonder how our guys will react if he doesn't play. I don't think there is ANY pressure on us right now. The guys can go out tonight and play hard and even if we lose, we lost to the world champs. However, if Pierce doesn't play, we might feel pressure to beat them because he is not there.

I hope our mentality is that we ARE supposed to beat them at home whether he is in the lineup or not BUT you never know how a young team will react. Should be interesting either way.

• Admin
I don't want him to play because they aren't as good without him and all I care about is the win. Honestly I could care less what the rest of the nation thinks of us for beating them without Pierce.

I am completely with you. I don't want him there either. A win is a win. We played them with one second without Smith and no one said hey they won because we didn't have Smith.