• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Choked

gsuteke

So is your stupidity regarding JJ. No matter how many games he comes through in the clutch, no matter how many All-Star appearances he makes, you will continue to dog him. You will never give him credit. You are no different than Hotlanta1981.

I find this type of post to be not needed around here. I hope the new mods will agree. Exodus routinely insults people at the drop of a hat. This is getting really boring. Someone needs to stop this. It's totally ridiculous to continue to let him do this. I've tried to be friends with ex, even defending him at times, but it's to the point where I have almost no respect for his opinion, because of these "Joe Johnson" situations. He totally avoids the point and continually makes character assasinations of other posters. The above quote is a case in point. Anyone else tired of Ex thinking he can read your mind and telling you what you would say?

Thanks to dsinner for keeping it real. Funny, Ex isn't fighting with him. But he's said the same thing that teke, and myself as well as others have said. That gets to the point of what I'm saying about Ex. I don't know what has been going on lately, as I've not been around so much in the off-season, but this is the very type of continually inflammatory posting that is at the root of any problem, imo.

There is good natured jabbing, then there is Exodus.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?!? So the first shot which closed it to one is bigger than the one that would tie it? Umm, I don't agree with that at all.

So do you think it is easier to make two free throws than it is to make one?

Do you think it is harder to make a foul shot after you have already made one?

I find this type of post to be not needed around here. I hope the new mods will agree. Exodus routinely insults people at the drop of a hat.

Thank you Mr Pot. Funny to see this from the person who said..

Why are you acting like such a baby

click

Not to mention the person who has more personal insults per post than anyone on the forum. Only Troy calls people a d!ck. Only Troy has insulted the Mule. Yet he wants to try to take the high road lol.

I know it must be painful for you to see the Hawks winning. I hope you find a way to cope.

• Moderators
With what you posted it is impossible for anyone to choke. How are you going to get a history of someone choking in order to determined if they choked? Doesn't make sense at all. Impossible.

Alex Rodriguez has a documented history of underperforming in playoff situations in NY. He has a documented history of his performance suffering under that pressure.

Kevin Garnett has a documented history of underperforming in clutch situations compared to non-clutch situations.

It is not impossible get a history, it is actually quite easy. Just look at what the person has done in the past in similar situations.

How can you get specific evidence that a player succombed to the pressure? Again impossible.

Could anyone miss the strain on Greg Norman's face that clearly showed he was feeling the pressure during the 1996 Masters?

gsuteke thinks JJ looked visibly affected by the pressure on the last free throw.

Nick Anderson looked visibly shaken to me when taking those free throws for the Magic in the finals.

Not impossible.

Unless of course you count the fact that he admitted there was pressure, and admitted he blew it. And if a player didn't choke why would he mention pressure. He wouldn't have even noticed it if that were true.

Then by that definition, every player chokes unless they hit 100% of their clutch shots so even if they are fearless and do their best. Reggie Miller chokes if he misses a clutch free throw to tie the game after he hits 81 clutch free throws in a row in the other 81 games.

Sorry, don't buy it.

Being under pressure and failing is not the same as failing because of the pressure.

Thank you Mr Pot. Funny to see this from the person who said..

click

Not to mention the person who has more personal insults per post than anyone on the forum. Only Troy calls people a d!ck. Only Troy has insulted the Mule. Yet he wants to try to take the high road lol.

I know it must be painful for you to see the Hawks winning. I hope you find a way to cope.

How is it funny. You have acted like a baby since the first day I got here. I was simply asking why? I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are a LIAR You can say anything you want Exodus, that doesn't make it true. See, I don't argue with anyone here except you. The strange thing is, the line of people arguing with you is 10 deep. Wonder why?

Keep bringing up the Graymule thing, it's only been a year. I did feel that he was wrong and I told him so. Unlike you though, I actually have feelings for other humans and I felt bad, even though I was right, and apologized to him. I have no problem with him and he has no problem with me, at least to my knowledge. So, it's really none of your business.

Lastly, the only thing pain I'm having related to the Hawks is you.

How is it funny. You have acted like a baby since the first day I got here. I was simply asking why? I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are a LIAR You can say anything you want Exodus, that doesn't make it true. See, I don't argue with anyone here except you. The strange thing is, the line of people arguing with you is 10 deep. Wonder why?

Keep bringing up the Graymule thing, it's only been a year. I did feel that he was wrong and I told him so. Unlike you though, I actually have feelings for other humans and I felt bad, even though I was right, and apologized to him. I have no problem with him and he has no problem with me, at least to my knowledge. So, it's really none of your business.

Lastly, the only thing pain I'm having related to the Hawks is you.

Thanks for proving my point.

Speaking of the first day you got here your very first post on the site was calling someone an idiot.

Thanks for proving my point.

Speaking of the first day you got here your very first post on the site was calling someone an idiot.

How does that prove your point? You do act like a baby on a regular basis, not to mention you are extremely disrespectful to people who have been nice to you. We're supposed to be Hawks fans and friends on this board. you just use this place to put other people down. And your opinion of your own opinion is just...sad. You are basically just a jerk.

Sweet of you to remember my first day, but again, you are wrong. I asked someone if they were an idiot? Which is a little different. See, I assumed but wasn't sure so I asked. With you, there is no more need to ask.

How does that prove your point? You do act like a baby on a regular basis, not to mention you are extremely disrespectful to people who have been nice to you. We're supposed to be Hawks fans and friends on this board. you just use this place to put other people down. And your opinion of your own opinion is just...sad. You are basically just a jerk.

Keep digging. Like i said you are the last person to be talking about insults.

Interesting that you call yourself a fan but somehow can't find anything positive to say about a team that is 4th place in the East.

Sweet of you to remember my first day, but again, you are wrong. I asked someone if they were an idiot? Which is a little different. See, I assumed but wasn't sure so I asked. With you, there is no more need to ask.

:laughing5:

Keep digging. Like i said you are the last person to be talking about insults.

Interesting that you call yourself a fan but somehow can't find anything positive to say about a team that is 4th place in the East.

:laughing5:

What's not interesting is that you call yourself a Hawks fan, yet go out of your way to fight with other Hawks fans, even ones other than me. It's just boring and sad for the rest of us.

What's not interesting is that you call yourself a Hawks fan, yet go out of your way to fight with other Hawks , even ones other than me. It's just boring and sad for the rest of us.

"Fans" that constantly hate on the teams best player and never have anything positive to say just invite abuse. I just accept the invitation.

"Fans" that constantly hate on the teams best player and never have anything positive to say just invite abuse. I just accept the invitation.

So, am I "constant" or not posting? which is it?

The sad thing is we can't even have a debate about anything Joe related if you are involved.

Also, do you even realize that I wasn't really a part of this, I just thought you were being such a bully that I had to respond? You just jumped in and started name calling. That's what you do. No "I wasn't even talking to you, why are you saying this?" You didn't even notice because the substance of an argument is irrelevant to you. You just attack the poster. you are a real bore. It's so sad you aren't a Wizards fan by now. But then again, we've been over this, you aren't a Hawks fan, you're an Exodus fan.

So, am I "constant" or not posting? which is it?

The sad thing is we can't even have a debate about anything Joe related if you are involved.

Also, do you even realize that I wasn't really a part of this, I just thought you were being such a bully that I had to respond? You just jumped in and started name calling. That's what you do. No "I wasn't even talking to you, why are you saying this?" You didn't even notice because the substance of an argument is irrelevant to you. You just attack the poster. you are a real bore. It's so sad you aren't a Wizards fan by now. But then again, we've been over this, you aren't a Hawks fan, you're an Exodus fan.

There is no substance to the argument for me to respond to. Neither you, teke or Dsinner has explained how JJ swished the first shot then suddenly succumbed to the pressure on the second. I don't see how he would be overcome by pressure on the second shot when his task got much easier after making the first.

Plus there is JJ's history of being a better foul shooter in the clutch than he is normally.

Here is your (and teke's and Dsinner's) argument in a nutshell "He choked because i say he choked". That is all you have.