• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will we be looking PG in this upcoming draft?

oiatlhawksfan

Acie could easily do what Bibby does... that is play the OG.

AC can't hold Bibby's jock when it comes to shooting the ball, which is what Bibby does and fits our offense quite nicely.

Bibby and Joe are the most prolific 3-ball shooting tandem in the league. I wouldn't expect that trend to hold if AC was the starting 2.

AC can't hold Bibby's jock when it comes to shooting the ball, which is what Bibby does and fits our offense quite nicely.

Bibby and Joe are the most prolific 3-ball shooting tandem in the league. I wouldn't expect that trend to hold if AC was the starting 2.

When you say that Bibby's shooting fits our offense nicely, you mean that he hits shots that are created by JJ when JJ hs the ball in his hands every possession.

Our offensive scheme consists of one guy trying to beat everyone on the floor while three guys stand on the perimeter with one guy on the baseline too deep to get in good position. With this kind of offense, the ONLY kind of point guard that has any success is one that can hit jumpers because we're not running any kind of motion on offense to free other guys, and the ball movement is very limited.

Basically, you only get to the ball if you flash to the high post or the perimeter, which is why Al Horford gets so many jumpshot attempts, and why Josh Smith catches the ball on the perimeter so often.

I don't think Law is going to be a future NBA starter, at least not a top-tier starter, but he might develop into a decent backup. But Bibby's only thirty or so, and his shooting should hold up for the next couple of years, so I wouldn't mind seeing him extended for another two or three years. So I'd just go with the best available player.

• Premium Member
When you say that Bibby's shooting fits our offense nicely, you mean that he hits shots that are created by JJ when JJ hs the ball in his hands every possession.

Our offensive scheme consists of one guy trying to beat everyone on the floor while three guys stand on the perimeter with one guy on the baseline too deep to get in good position. With this kind of offense, the ONLY kind of point guard that has any success is one that can hit jumpers because we're not running any kind of motion on offense to free other guys, and the ball movement is very limited.

Basically, you only get to the ball if you flash to the high post or the perimeter, which is why Al Horford gets so many jumpshot attempts, and why Josh Smith catches the ball on the perimeter so often.

Exactly.

I would rather see us develop a game where we have plays run by a PG and JJ is not the ball handler. I watched Jordan become a worse Jordan when he always had the ball in his hand. They found that for Jordan to be the best Jordan he could be he had to play off the ball. Joe is prolly the same way. He should be playing off the ball. I know he creates a lot of shots for others, but I would love to see Bibby or Acie become a good drive and dish, run an offense kind of PG instead of a shooting OG.

With Acie struggling and Woodson not showing any confidence in him, will we be looking for a new PG of the future in this upcoming draft, or will we be looking at something different.

If Woodson is the HC of the Hawks going forward, then I don't think Sund will draft a PG. Woodson is out of the Larry Brown line of coaching. This means any PG under his rookie contract cannot play in the NBA. Brown was always looking for a vet PG and he was most successful when he had a vet that could run his offense and play his defense. Woodson seems to want a similar roster mix as was up in Detroit.

Thus, if Woodson is still here, then we'll end up with the best big available. If not a big, then a slasher-type.

All that said, let's sit back and watch this run the Hawks seem to be on. :beer:

If Woodson is the HC of the Hawks going forward, then I don't think Sund will draft a PG. Woodson is out of the Larry Brown line of coaching. This means any PG under his rookie contract cannot play in the NBA. Brown was always looking for a vet PG and he was most successful when he had a vet that could run his offense and play his defense. Woodson seems to want a similar roster mix as was up in Detroit.

Thus, if Woodson is still here, then we'll end up with the best big available. If not a big, then a slasher-type.

All that said, let's sit back and watch this run the Hawks seem to be on. :beer:

Larry Brown aint dumb though, he still plays DJ Augustin 30 minutes a game no matter how he plays.