What are we going to do after this year about PG?

DavidSomerset

i think that we might be able to keep bibby this year (joe prob wants him to stay and i think management does. i can see us doing what the nets did to vince carter which is give him a big contract just because you can't really take the loss of him leaving.

however, with the way the draft is looking, i can definately see us drafting another point guard in this draft. i would keep an eye out for ty lawson and nick calathes. even with bibby being resigned, law is still the point of the future and lawson could be his backup.

i don't think that flip is gonna be back next year. he is gonna demand MLE type money.

• Admin
i think that we might be able to keep bibby this year (joe prob wants him to stay and i think management does. i can see us doing what the nets did to vince carter which is give him a big contract just because you can't really take the loss of him leaving.

however, with the way the draft is looking, i can definately see us drafting another point guard in this draft. i would keep an eye out for ty lawson and nick calathes. even with bibby being resigned, law is still the point of the future and lawson could be his backup.

i don't think that flip is gonna be back next year. he is gonna demand MLE type money.

Lawson would be awesome but I think he will go before our pick comes around...we might have to trade up for him.

right now the other point option is better. and he's being underpaid. but i think we really don't have any other options. the SG/SF is locked up with evans and their aren't any good bigs left at our point in the draft. the quality picks will be at the PG. acie can take flips spot next year and lawson or some other point can take acie spot on the bench.

Edited by lunar

I think at this point, we have to assume Acie Law is not an option, given his lack of playing time.

With Bibby becoming a FA, what should we do? Sign him to an extension? If so, to how long of a contract? He's getting old.

Are there any good FA PG's this coming offseason?

Stop assuming Acie will never develop. He is still learning how to play PG. (Think how long it took Chauncey to figure it out) He could very well be a factor for us next season, or later in this one.

I am in favor of resigning Bibby, and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to play with us some more. It is a good match for both parties. We fit his skills and he fits our needs. We convince him to come back, preferably 2 years and no more than 3, while we continue to groom Law for an eventual crack at the job.

Edited by JoeJohnson2

A Ty Lawson/Acie Law doesn't fit in Woody's system. Woody just needs a floor general to run the half court iso's to Joe. But he also needs to be a good shooter. (hello Mike Bibby)

I hope we find a cheaper alternative somewhere rather than overpay a good but aging Bibby. Don't get me wrong i'd love to have him back but he's playing so well this season I think he's driving up his price too much for me.

Or maybe Bibby will get hurt and Woody will be forced to play Acie and Acie will light it up...who knows.

At this point though the chances of us resigning him have to be pretty friggin high.

Edited by h2t