• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This small rotation will come back to haunt the Hawks

Elijah

It makes no sense at all at time.

For example, with 8 minutes to go, Woodson puts in Marvin for Flip. WTF? To that point, Marvin had done jacksh*t in the game, and Flip was having a very solid and controlled game. Do we REALLY need to keep all 5 starters in for 8 minutes straight at the end, especially since we have a game tomorrow and the game was in our favor?

Why didn't Woody just put in all our bench guys with 3 min to go, rather than wait?

Why does Acie Law not play anymore?

We are winning these games because our starters play ridiculous minutes and we are at home. Wait till February when we go on brutal road trips to the West Coast, where we have 4 games in 5 nights, and no bench experience and no legs left for the starters

When you actually look at the minutes everyone is getting it isn't really that bad. Joe 1st in the league at 40 mins per which obv has to change..Marv at 35...Bibby at 34...Al at 33...all between 25th-40th in the East...Josh probably a little less.

I don't think tiredness is gonna be the problem...unless Joe keeps playing the mins he's playing obv. The problem will be if people start getting hurt and we'll be relying on young guys who havn't been getting any playing time. Woody needs to start giving Solo and Acie some mins...have a 10 man rotation instead of 8.

But of course Woody is Woody so sigh.

It makes no sense at all at time.

For example, with 8 minutes to go, Woodson puts in Marvin for Flip. WTF? To that point, Marvin had done jacksh*t in the game, and Flip was having a very solid and controlled game. Do we REALLY need to keep all 5 starters in for 8 minutes straight at the end, especially since we have a game tomorrow and the game was in our favor?

Why didn't Woody just put in all our bench guys with 3 min to go, rather than wait?

Why does Acie Law not play anymore?

We are winning these games because our starters play ridiculous minutes and we are at home. Wait till February when we go on brutal road trips to the West Coast, where we have 4 games in 5 nights, and no bench experience and no legs left for the starters

I wouldve done the same thing. I would always have my starters in the game to the finish. Plus we needed Marvin back in for Anthony when he came back in the game. With 8 mins ago the game wasnt in our favor. We were in the lead, but the game was far from over.

Starters came back in and we put together a run to put the game out of reach, which is the first time in a long time that we had a game decided with more than 1 minute to go.

Woody did put in the bench and acie did come in with a little over 1:40 to go.

You know I agree that I would like to see Acie as our back up point guard and I would like to see Joe not have to log 40+ minutes every night but some of these posts don't make sense to me. If the team suffered by going to a 10 man rotation then I wouldn't do it either. That has to be how Woody feels. I am not saying I agree with it but if we started playing Morris and everyone and we started losing then the Squawk would be lit up.

You know I agree that I would like to see Acie as our back up point guard and I would like to see Joe not have to log 40+ minutes every night but some of these posts don't make sense to me. If the team suffered by going to a 10 man rotation then I wouldn't do it either. That has to be how Woody feels. I am not saying I agree with it but if we started playing Morris and everyone and we started losing then the Squawk would be lit up.

The 10 deep wouldn't include Morris but yea of course in the short term the team would suffer. We're taking mins away from our best players and giving them to the bench. I'd rather do that and lose a couple more games while developing our bench and resting our starters than have this 8 man rotation. We'd be in much better shape in the long run.

• Moderators

Mainly I think it amounts to giving Acie regular minutes. Even Ivey got 10 a game (plus he was the starter!). All our guys are healthy but we'll probably need Acie and Solo at some point in the season. It'd be nice if they were ready. Plus Acie made a positive impact in many of his games and I don't remember him having a negative impact in any of them.

Flip played well but had a few bad turnovers. Marvin I thought played great in the second half.

I wouldve done the same thing. I would always have my starters in the game to the finish. Plus we needed Marvin back in for Anthony when he came back in the game. With 8 mins ago the game wasnt in our favor. We were in the lead, but the game was far from over.

Starters came back in and we put together a run to put the game out of reach, which is the first time in a long time that we had a game decided with more than 1 minute to go.

Woody did put in the bench and acie did come in with a little over 1:40 to go.

I disagree there. Majority of coaches take their starters out once the game has been decided. This does two things:

1. It gives the bench playing time for gametime experience and development

2. It rests the starters to be able to continue to play at a consistently high level

I would have took ALL 5 starters out with 3:30-4 mins left...we were up 14. If the score would have gotten down to 8 pt lead, put the starters back in, but give the bench a chance to develop.

The 10 deep wouldn't include Morris but yea of course in the short term the team would suffer. We're taking mins away from our best players and giving them to the bench. I'd rather do that and lose a couple more games while developing our bench and resting our starters than have this 8 man rotation. We'd be in much better shape in the long run.

My same sentiment. When the playoff run comes, or even the playoffs, we will be out of gas in this current state and our bench will not be developed.

Woody is trying to change the culture here. He's making guys earn minutes. Remember zaza was in the dog house last year. Didn't play much until the end of the year. This year he's been the guy we needed all along. Something clicked. Solo/Acie must be doing something to keep them from having a lot of playing time. Woody has shown people can earn they way back into the rotation.

Woody is trying to change the culture here. He's making guys earn minutes. Remember zaza was in the dog house last year. Didn't play much until the end of the year. This year he's been the guy we needed all along. Something clicked. Solo/Acie must be doing something to keep them from having a lot of playing time. Woody has shown people can earn they way back into the rotation.

BS,pure PS. Solo plays well whenever he is in there and has earned time but he's glued to the bench. Acie played well for long stretches but never got rewarded with more minutes. Flip gets 20 minutes a game no matter how sucky he plays. He plays like a selfish idiot most of the time and turns the ball over almost every possession. Flip his 1 good game out of like 10,but still gets his minutes, the same with Mo. Woody has only shown that vets can stay in the rotation and if you're not he doesn't give a damn what u do,you're still getting pulled.

I agree. I guess when you consider how many non-game minutes players spend on the court, a few extra mpg for the starters is probably not a big deal. But Woody is not developing Acie or Solo at all. And he still couldn't manage to get Morris on the court at all. I noticed that last night Bibby was subbed back in late in the third to get Joe a few minutes rest. It worked, and beating Denver was a big win, and the regular rotation pretty much knows when they'll play, but I still don't like it.

BS,pure PS. Solo plays well whenever he is in there and has earned time but he's glued to the bench. Acie played well for long stretches but never got rewarded with more minutes. Flip gets 20 minutes a game no matter how sucky he plays. He plays like a selfish idiot most of the time and turns the ball over almost every possession. Flip his 1 good game out of like 10,but still gets his minutes, the same with Mo. Woody has only shown that vets can stay in the rotation and if you're not he doesn't give a damn what u do,you're still getting pulled.

I don't pretend to know everything. I've heard many an expert say Acie was a wasted pick. People killed Woody for not playing Salim. He's a free agent and i don't see people beating down his door. Chillz was another guy people said should have been starting, I didn't see teams dying to have him in their starting 5. I'm sorry, but message board rants won't change my mind on this. Woody has delivered with his decisions. Whatever he's doing or not doing it has us in a spot we haven't seen since '87. I trust him.

I don't pretend to know everything. I've heard many an expert say Acie was a wasted pick. People killed Woody for not playing Salim. He's a free agent and i don't see people beating down his door. Chillz was another guy people said should have been starting, I didn't see teams dying to have him in their starting 5. I'm sorry, but message board rants won't change my mind on this. Woody has delivered with his decisions. Whatever he's doing or not doing it has us in a spot we haven't seen since '87. I trust him.

Sorry, Cwell is right here. How the heck does Acie earn his way back into the rotation? By showing as much hustle as Mario does (who plays 18 seconds a game)? Cwell is absolutely right about Flip. You can basically assume that every game, ZaZa will play 20 min, Mo will play 15, and Flip will play about 15. This will never change. Woodson just loves his veterans no matter how much they suck at times. Which is also why Marvin gets put in for Flip (who was actually playing well last night) with 8 minutes to go and we always put starters in with 8 minutes left in 2nd and 4th quarters.

Acie has actually played well this year in his 6 minutes every 7 games. When he gets into the lane, it changes everything. Maybe we can trade him back for anthony Johnson

Woody went 6 deep for the stretch run last year and only 7 deep for most of the year. We ended up with plenty of gas left in the tank for the playoffs.

Of course we would all prefer Joe play fewer minutes but at least we are arguing about this and not whether or not we should tank the rest of our games in order to get more ping-pong balls come lotto time.

Woody went 6 deep for the stretch run last year and only 7 deep for most of the year. We ended up with plenty of gas left in the tank for the playoffs.

We ran out of gas last year, lost 5 of our last 7 and only squeaked into the playoffs because other teams were worse. And we saw Joe go through major periods of looking tired / hobbled because of his minutes. Yes they showed up for 3 home games with an awesome home crowd, but running out of gas was definitely an issue last year and it will likely be an issue this year again.

most of the people that know basketball and have played it have said nothing but good things about Acie's future. They all say he'll be a good PG in this league,he just never plays. I never though t Salim should have been a major guy but he should have played more. Salim got cut because he was injury prone,he was hurt the whole training camp and pre-season with San Antonio and he's just some scrub 2nd rounder anyway. I never thought Childress should start either,only people that did were people that doubted Marvin. If Woody delivered his career record wouldn't be so bad.