• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why did we fire Billy again?

Johnnybravo4

He made the trade for Bibby, brought in JJ, Josh, and Al and his philosophy seems to be coming to fruition. This quote from Kenyon Martin is telling.

Aside from their 3-point shooting, their offensive rebounding was tremendous," said Kenyon Martin, who led Denver with 19 points but said it was difficult to shoot over Atlanta's long list of players 6-foot-8 or taller.

"It makes it tough because they're long," Martin said.

His biggest faults were that CP3 became a superstar, which was never apparent in college and Shelden Williams was a flop, which you could never imagine from his play in college. Maybe he wouldn't score 20 per, but you at least thought Shelden would rebound and defend.

Sund will get the credit for this season but all of this is Billy Knight's design.

Who knows how BK would have handled Smith, Chill, and the bench? He managed to get some talent with all of the lottery picks (not very difficult), but he wasn't even close to maximizing those picks. He just wasn't a very good GM. He moved on, you should too.

His biggest faults were that CP3 became a superstar, which was never apparent in college and Shelden Williams was a flop, which you could never imagine from his play in college. Maybe he wouldn't score 20 per, but you at least thought Shelden would rebound and defend.

Are you serious about Sheldon? You thought his game was going to translate to the pro's? Good Lord. Exactly how was he going to defend and rebound? He is slow as dirt, short, and has very limited mobility.

Next thing you know you gonna tell me Tyler Hansbrough will make a great top 5 pick.

• Premium Member
Plus it was Sund who brought in Mo and Flip. Those two have been crucial to our turnaround. Last night it was Flip who made big contributions off the bench.

I believe who has been crucial to the turnaround has been Bibby.

Moreover,

BK stood by his trade for JJ... when even one of our owners didn't. I believe Sund would have folded because Sund is a company guy.

For those saying that BK deserves no credit, I offer you Joe Johnson.

I disagree with his pick of Marvin but I cannot disagree with the surity of his trade for JJ. Without JJ and Bibby, what would this team be?

Who knows how BK would have handled Smith, Chill, and the bench? He managed to get some talent with all of the lottery picks (not very difficult), but he wasn't even close to maximizing those picks. He just wasn't a very good GM. He moved on, you should too.

Exactly. We are continually going to hear these people come in and say it was BK who "built" the team or whatever. Fact is, he sucked at doing anything other than acquiring talent (which isn't hard when given top 5 picks every year). He could never build an actual team, just a collection of talented pieces that don't fit the puzzle.