• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we catch the Magic?

Swish

We're 3.5 games back of the division lead. Thats not by any means insurmountable. We have a back to back against them early in January. If we could sweep that or even go 1-1, we've got a shot at winning the whole damn division and catching the 3 seed.

So do you think that we could catch Orlando?

• Premium Member
We're 3.5 games back of the division lead. Thats not by any means insurmountable. We have a back to back against them early in January. If we could sweep that or even go 1-1, we've got a shot at winning the whole damn division and catching the 3 seed.

So do you think that we could catch Orlando?

Do we want to?

Fourth really is a good spot. I want to delay our meeting with Cleveland. I really fear them more than I fear Boston. Not that Cleveland is better, but Cleveland will get every call on us... and it makes for a poor series. Plus... who will be 5th Seed? If things were to hold steady... we'd play Detroit... I like that matchup much more than I like a first round matchup with Miami. Again, Wade is a guy who would give us trouble.

But there's plenty of time for manueovering.

Do we want to?

Fourth really is a good spot. I want to delay our meeting with Cleveland. I really fear them more than I fear Boston. Not that Cleveland is better, but Cleveland will get every call on us... and it makes for a poor series. Plus... who will be 5th Seed? If things were to hold steady... we'd play Detroit... I like that matchup much more than I like a first round matchup with Miami. Again, Wade is a guy who would give us trouble.

But there's plenty of time for manueovering.

I hadn't exactly thought of it this way, but now that you bring it up I agree. I'd love to take on the Pistons with homecourt.

Why is everybody so afraid of Miami? Playoffs start in 4 months. By then, Wade should be tired.

1) Miami isn't that good. They have no point guard, no true bigs, and we own them at every matchup. Joe is playing just as well as Dwyane right now (in my opinion)

2) Cleveland is an incredibly scary team to play. They have their superstar, a good scorer (Mo), 2 or 3 deadly shooters, and massive size. This team will keep it close in every game

3) Boston has 4 weapons who can score and serviceable bigs in Powe, Perkins, and CryBaby.

I'd love to play Detroit in the first round. If we want to beat Boston, we have to get Acie in this rotation so he can play minutes on Rondo. If we keep this tiny rotation, Bibby's legs will be dead for the playoffs and his defense is awful enough already.

In conclusion: Miami scares nobody (not me), Cleveland is the scariest team to play, and we can take Boston if we (rather, WOODSON) add a player to the rotation

• Premium Member

Using Hollinger's playoff odds (i know, HF, i know), the projected seeds are:

1. Boston (66)

2. Cleveland (65)

3. Orlando (58)

4. Atlanta (51)

5. Detroit (44)

6. Milwaukee (43)

7. Chicago (40)

8. Miami (38)

In other words, there's no reason to think that Miami will continue to play as well as they have, and Cleveland has a great shot at the #1 seed.

Edited by mrhonline

• Premium Member
Why is everybody so afraid of Miami?

Well, My contention is that we play better against teams with less aggressive offenses than we do teams who have Guards that drive and play aggressively. Our interior is weak but our perimeter defense is not so bad. Give me a team that sits on the perimeter and tries to beat us over a team with a guard constantly trying to drive to the rim anyday.

When you consider our losses...

Twice to NJ = Devin Harris.

Twice to Boston = Rondo

San Antonio = Manu

Dallas = Jose Barea

Houston = Ron Artest

Toronto = Chris Bosh

Cleveland = Lebron

Indiana = Danny Granger

Now when we beat the heat earlier... Wade had 21 and we made it look easy. But I think that Wade and Marion in a playoff situation won't bode well for us given our hisotry against driving guards.

Well, My contention is that we play better against teams with less aggressive offenses than we do teams who have Guards that drive and play aggressively. Our interior is weak but our perimeter defense is not so bad. Give me a team that sits on the perimeter and tries to beat us over a team with a guard constantly trying to drive to the rim anyday.

When you consider our losses...

Twice to NJ = Devin Harris.

Twice to Boston = Rondo

San Antonio = Manu

Dallas = Jose Barea

Houston = Ron Artest

Toronto = Chris Bosh

Cleveland = Lebron

Indiana = Danny Granger

Now when we beat the heat earlier... Wade had 21 and we made it look easy. But I think that Wade and Marion in a playoff situation won't bode well for us given our hisotry against driving guards.

Good point, but if Pierce (he was semi-injured in the last game) drives the lane and draws any kind of contact, it's an automatic foul and he's pretty much automatic with FT's