• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DID MARVIN TOUCH THE INBOUND PASS?

tonegully

1) Vince got the shot off with over 2 seconds left, so a deflection would've cost them 1 second max

2) It definitely was deflected, as the freaking NJN commentator mentions in the video

We deserved to lose this game

---Attack the post, not the poster--- mrH

Edited by mrhonline

If he didn't backcourt violation. Either way we got cheated.

even if Marvin didn't touch it,he still wouldn't be a backcourt. I remember checking the NBA rule book on that back in 06 when something similar happened in the Finals when Wade got the endbound pass backcourt.

If I remember correctly, the ball can be inbounded into the back court, without penalty

if it has not been touched by a player on the offensive team. If it is touched, then

it becomes an "Over and back."

If it is touched by a defensive player first, that also kills the "Over and back."

Clock starts whenever the ball is touched on the court by any player.

so the clock should have started running as soon as marvin touched the ball. The clock didnt start until VC touched the ball. We got cheated in my opinion

Just to end this thread Marvin DID touch the ball and the clock DID start. I have gone back and watched it many times on the league pass archive and the clock starts just after Marvin touches it (maybe .2 - .3 seconds after) and well before Carter touches it. When the play starts there is 5.3 seconds left and when Carter touches it there is 4.5 seconds left. Carter then gets the shot up with 1.7 seconds left so he had PLENTY of time even under the most generous of clock operation situations.