• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Minutes played

buckeye242424

I understand that JJ leads the league in minutes played. Someone has to, but I also understand fatigue may or may not set in later on. But right now, he needs to be on the floor. He knows his own limits, I think he's at the point in his career that if he's becoming worn down, he'll let it be known. He obviously is in great physical shape, and can handle the rigors of putting up huge minutes. He's getting paid 70 million to play basketball, so play him. Point being, if we lose in the first round of the playoffs, it's not solely because Joe is worn out. As for the rest of the starters, I don't feel anyone is being "overplayed". I think this minutes played per game thing is blown out of proportion. What's the difference between 38 minutes a game to 40 to people in the best shape they'll be in within their lives. 22-11...keep doing whatever you're doing and take it day by day. If minutes me an so much, sit JJ just one game. He'll make up all the minutes I hear people complaining about in one game.

I just want to get our bench involved more. Acie and Solo need some time because IMO they aren't a big dropoff (if at all) to Flip and Zaza, and sometimes they're better.

With regards to JJ, he's always been an ironman and was playing over 40 mpg in PHX as well. But, I'd still like to get him down to around 36-38. The bench is the key reason for me.

JJ will definitely get worn down at times. He even admitted he was worn down not long ago. There is no way to play that many minutes with as much responsibilities as he has and not get worn down.

I hold out no hope that Woody will reduce his minutes. he has never done that in the past.

• Admin
JJ will definitely get worn down at times. He even admitted he was worn down not long ago. There is no way to play that many minutes with as much responsibilities as he has and not get worn down.

I hold out no hope that Woody will reduce his minutes. he has never done that in the past.

With both Flip and Mo being able to play SG, there is no excuse why JJ's minutes can not be cut back to 37 - 38 mins a game instead of over 40. Law getting some mins at pg should help (so Flip can play 2).

I understand that JJ leads the league in minutes played. Someone has to, but I also understand fatigue may or may not set in later on. But right now, he needs to be on the floor. He knows his own limits, I think he's at the point in his career that if he's becoming worn down, he'll let it be known. He obviously is in great physical shape, and can handle the rigors of putting up huge minutes. He's getting paid 70 million to play basketball, so play him. Point being, if we lose in the first round of the playoffs, it's not solely because Joe is worn out. As for the rest of the starters, I don't feel anyone is being "overplayed". I think this minutes played per game thing is blown out of proportion. What's the difference between 38 minutes a game to 40 to people in the best shape they'll be in within their lives. 22-11...keep doing whatever you're doing and take it day by day. If minutes me an so much, sit JJ just one game. He'll make up all the minutes I hear people complaining about in one game.

A fresh JJ makes for a better player, which will be needed come playoffs.

Rest JJ. I'd much rather have a rested JJ in the game late, when the outcome

is still in doubt. That "extra" minute or two of rest every game could mean the

diference in a win and a loss. That little "extra" burst of energy needed should

be there, not already spent earlier.

Being an old country music fan, the lines from a song comes to mind. I don't recall

who sang it, but it wewnt something like:

"I want to live fast, love hard, die young and leave a beautiful memory."

Rest JJ. Don't burn him out. Extend his playing years by using him just a little less

right now. Somehow, we fans have bought into the idea that, if JJ is not on the floor,

we are doomed. Woody would tell us that HE doesn't believe this, but actions speak

louder than words.

When it comes crunch time, when the game is on the line, JJ should be on the floor.

That means, the rest must come earlier. Have a plan, then work the plan. Simple.