• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been had!-----------

Gray Mule

I paid out good money to watch Hawks on NBA League Pass Broadband.

For the second night in a row, they have our game blacked out.

I feel as if I have been robbed. I bought their product, expecting to be able

to watch the Hawks.

They have my money. I don't have any coverage. I've been had.

If you want to watch the Hawks, don't believe their advertising. "Watch the

games you want to watch when you want to watch them."

Yeah, right.

The game is not blacked out. Neither was the last one. I am watching it right now on TV and also was able to pull it up on LP broadband. You are just doing something wrong or having computer problems.

Ex, a lot of times in the south, they have the game blacked out or something else on even though it says it is the Hawks game. My friend in Tennessee has these regularly. There seems to be a problem with the Fox sports south vs fox sports net. I can't remember which one he says is always wrong. It has been a problem for years and I had the same issues in north Alabama last year. If you have league pass it should work, though.

Graymule, try Channelsurfing.net if you can't get it on tv. But you have a legitimate gripe, and if you paid by credit card you could ask your card company to get involved if the cable people aren't trying to take care of you.

There's nothing wrong with my computer. It's less than a month old.

Other games are on NBA league Pass Broadband. I can watch them.

I may be old but I can still read. It says plainly, "This game blacked

out."

It may be available to you at your house. Good. That doesn't help me.

I can get the other games, which I don't want to watch. The last two

Hawks games were not available to me.

• Moderators
Yes. If I had to guess, I would say that they black out games that have local transmission live, so that technically you still can watch the game, just not how you want it.

The problem is that this is not how they do it. They pick arbitrary areas that may or may not correlate to the areas with local transmission. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of others having a lot of luck with their complaints on this issue but there is no downside to trying.

There's nothing wrong with my computer. It's less than a month old.

Other games are on NBA league Pass Broadband. I can watch them.

I may be old but I can still read. It says plainly, "This game blacked

out."

It may be available to you at your house. Good. That doesn't help me.

I can get the other games, which I don't want to watch. The last two

Hawks games were not available to me.

Geez that sucks. I knew you didn't live in Georgia so the blackout doesn't make sense. Sorry to say i haven't had much luck dealing with NBA.com customer service in the past.

The problem is that this is not how they do it. They pick arbitrary areas that may or may not correlate to the areas with local transmission. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of others having a lot of luck with their complaints on this issue but there is no downside to trying.

A few years back (2001), I changed my address with DTV to my sisters' in Philly so I could get local channels. Once they offered them in Harrisburg, I changed it back. It does work, just put the bills on auto-pay, etc.

• Moderators
A few years back (2001), I changed my address with DTV to my sisters' in Philly so I could get local channels. Once they offered them in Harrisburg, I changed it back. It does work, just put the bills on auto-pay, etc.

The address change may work. I was saying that the idea that they only black out where local transmissions are available is not how it is done (unforunately).

This is true. The local cable company broadcasts Hawks games where I live, so you'd think they would black out the Hawks games on my league pass, but they blackout the Memphis games instead. It's weird.

NBA League Pass Broadband, which is what I have, is on the

computer. It's not cable, so I can't complain to the cable company,

which I no longer have. It's not on sattelite TV, which I have,

so I can't complain to them.

I live in N.C. Bobcats games are blacked out when they are at home.

Therefore, when the Hawks visit there, I'm left out. Why? I don't know.

I'm only a short 5 hour drive away, so I guess I'm local.

I have e-mailed NBA League Pass Broadband, complaining about not

having coverage which I am paying for. They have a form letter that

I always recieve in reply, stating that they are working on the problem.

All NBA games, except those on ESPN, are blacked out on my sattelite

because I didn't pay the extra $200.00 or whatever it costs. Broadband

is less than half. But, if you can't get the games, it's no bargain.

Last night, someone in the chat room gave me a link which provided

coverage and I watch 3/4 of the game. Free. Whoever it was, as I don't

remember now, thank you!!

That's illegal. Shame on you!

Illegal? Naw. I paid for the coverage and I got the coverage.

Just didn't get it from the original source.

When you take something that you have bought and paid for,

shouldn't it be yours? I believe so.

• Premium Member
Ex, a lot of times in the south, they have the game blacked out or something else on even though it says it is the Hawks game. My friend in Tennessee has these regularly. There seems to be a problem with the Fox sports south vs fox sports net. I can't remember which one he says is always wrong. It has been a problem for years and I had the same issues in north Alabama last year. If you have league pass it should work, though.

Graymule, try Channelsurfing.net if you can't get it on tv. But you have a legitimate gripe, and if you paid by credit card you could ask your card company to get involved if the cable people aren't trying to take care of you.

Yep I live in TN and have argued with Sports South and Charter cable since around 2000. This year I said forget it and all of the sudden I have been getting Hawks games until this past week. If the Memphis Grizz are playing I get there games UNLESS the Nashville Predators are playing and they take precident over everybody. One night the Hawks and Grizz were both on WTH?

I have crossed my fingers that the GS game will be on tonite. Frustrating to see the game advertised and then it switches to something else at gametime.

Yep I live in TN and have argued with Sports South and Charter cable since around 2000. This year I said forget it and all of the sudden I have been getting Hawks games until this past week. If the Memphis Grizz are playing I get there games UNLESS the Nashville Predators are playing and they take precident over everybody. One night the Hawks and Grizz were both on WTH?

I have crossed my fingers that the GS game will be on tonite. Frustrating to see the game advertised and then it switches to something else at gametime.

This funny because I know exactly what you are talking about. I live in Charleston, SC and have this exact same problem. I went round and round with Comcast last season regarding this and they blamed Turner South, who I called, which in turn blamed Comcast. Basically what it comes down to is that if you are out the "viewing area" which I am to assume is GA, then the game will be blacked out. It shows the game as being on on your guide, however it is usually something stupid like "Under the Lights" or some fellatio project about Mark Richt.

However this season I think I have figured it out for the most part as I am able to see some of the games. It seems to me that if the game is on SportsSouth, then you will be able to watch it outside the "viewing area" if it is listed on the guide. I can only recall one game that was on SPSO that I did not get. However if it is on FSN, you will NOT see it. Couldn't tell why this works like this. I am assuming it is a way for the NBA to make money, much the same was NFL and MLB do it (sans the Braves).

The good news is the next 10 or so games are on SPSO up until Charlotte on Feb 6th. As an aside, I also find it weird that I don't truly get Hawks games and I get NO Bobcats games living in SC. So what teams area am I in?