• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I will give Smith Props tonight

capstone21

• Admin

Some bad turnovers but all in all he had a great game.

The reason why? Taking it to the hoop...not settling for jump shots.

He seemed to be trying the whole game and putting effort out there the whole game. It is usually the second half before he starts contributing.

Good job

Joe had a solid game as did Marvin and Flip tonight.

Zaza struggled.

What a dunk by Thorton over Solo. Awesome.

A much needed win

This was one of those games that awes me-not by what Josh Smith can do, but what he could be as a player. If you can dominate the interior with Marcus Camby holding it down, you can do it any time. There is no good reason that Josh isn't dropping 25 a night.

Here's what sums it up...8/10 on the interior, 2/5 with the jumper. He shot the ball well above his career average with the jumper, and was nowhere near as good as he was inside.

Mike Woodson on the post-game show just now, "I don't want to take his game away from him..." referring to Josh Smith limiting his jump shots.

WHAT? His GAME, in this sense, must mean throwing up 5 bricks a night. Any reasonably intelligent person watching this game would LOVE for Josh Smith to play exactly like this EVERY night.

This was one of those games that awes me-not by what Josh Smith can do, but what he could be as a player. If you can dominate the interior with Marcus Camby holding it down, you can do it any time. There is no good reason that Josh isn't dropping 25 a night.

Here's what sums it up...8/10 on the interior, 2/5 with the jumper. He shot the ball well above his career average with the jumper, and was nowhere near as good as he was inside.

Mike Woodson on the post-game show just now, "I don't want to take his game away from him..." referring to Josh Smith limiting his jump shots.

WHAT? His GAME, in this sense, must mean throwing up 5 bricks a night. Any reasonably intelligent person watching this game would LOVE for Josh Smith to play exactly like this EVERY night.

Woody is not man enough to define a role for a player to have given his strengths. If a player wants to shoot 3's but sucks doing it then damnit Woody isnt gonna take that away from them

Woody is not man enough to define a role for a player to have given his strengths. If a player wants to shoot 3's but sucks doing it then damnit Woody isnt gonna take that away from them

I agree with that. Someone needs to sit down with him and process what was different last night and other nights. Is it how he prepares? Do they run set plays for him to get him going? He needs to figure this our so he can bring it every night.

If he takes 15 shots, I don't mind if 5 of them are jumpers. If he's going to be driving the ball, he probably needs to take a jumper every once in a while... don't want him to take it every time he has is locked in, but once in a while.

If he takes 15 shots, I don't mind if 5 of them are jumpers. If he's going to be driving the ball, he probably needs to take a jumper every once in a while... don't want him to take it every time he has is locked in, but once in a while.

The ball is in our court (pun intended) with Smoove. Sure he's frustrating at times throughout the course of the game, but it's clear, apparent, and a fact the Hawks are better with him on the floor, period. People, I know it's his 5th year in the league, but he just turned 23! Complaining and moaning about a bad shot here, or not having enough spring in his step, or a turnover running the break - they are minute in the whole scheme of what he means 40 minutes on the court a night...one possession here or there does not make Smoove any kind of liability. Too young, too gifted. The Hawks should be happy we locked him up.

Some bad turnovers but all in all he had a great game.

The reason why? Taking it to the hoop...not settling for jump shots.

He seemed to be trying the whole game and putting effort out there the whole game. It is usually the second half before he starts contributing.

Good job

Joe had a solid game as did Marvin and Flip tonight.

Zaza struggled.

What a dunk by Thorton over Solo. Awesome.

A much needed win

He was very effective last night. It was funny last night that on a couple of occasions I found myself saying things like:

"Smoove, pass the damn ball to the PG on the break! Er, I meant to say way to take it all the way coast to coast Smoove!"

"Smoove, don't take that shot, pass the ball or go to the hoop!" "Er, I meant to say good shot Smoove!"

He made a few mistakes but all in all, I thought he played within himself and he was a big reason we won the game.

He was very effective last night. It was funny last night that on a couple of occasions I found myself saying things like:

"Smoove, pass the damn ball to the PG on the break! Er, I meant to say way to take it all the way coast to coast Smoove!"

"Smoove, don't take that shot, pass the ball or go to the hoop!" "Er, I meant to say good shot Smoove!"

He made a few mistakes but all in all, I thought he played within himself and he was a big reason we won the game.

I was thinking the same dam thing..lol.

• Premium Member
I was thinking the same dam thing..lol.

I love it how nique only calls it a bad shot after a miss. Just once I want to hear him call it a poor shot after a make.

I love it how nique only calls it a bad shot after a miss. Just once I want to hear him call it a poor shot after a make.

Nique is hilarious..lol

Smoove was balling last night though. Have to give credit where credit is due.