• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deandre Jordan

AHF

• Moderators

Obviously, we didn't really have anything to work with during last year's draft but had we been able to get into the second round this would have been a good guy to take a flier on. With the LAC decimated by injuries, he is putting up some pretty impressive numbers for a guy who is only 20 years old and 7 feet tall.

1/19 - 8 points, 10 rebounds, 6 blocks

1/21 - 23 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks, 1 steal

1/23 - 3 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal

1/25 8 points, 20 rebounds, 1 block

Obviously, we didn't really have anything to work with during last year's draft but had we been able to get into the second round this would have been a good guy to take a flier on. With the LAC decimated by injuries, he is putting up some pretty impressive numbers for a guy who is only 20 years old and 7 feet tall.

1/19 - 8 points, 10 rebounds, 6 blocks

1/21 - 23 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks, 1 steal

1/23 - 3 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal

1/25 8 points, 20 rebounds, 1 block

Those numbers look good. I always thought he had some upside. I certainly can't see how some folks (well actually maybe only BK) had Shelden as a top 5 pick and this guy falls to the 2nd round. I may be wrong but I think one of those games was against Bynum when Bynum had 42/15.

• Moderators
Those numbers look good. I always thought he had some upside. I certainly can't see how some folks (well actually maybe only BK) had Shelden as a top 5 pick and this guy falls to the 2nd round. I may be wrong but I think one of those games was against Bynum when Bynum had 42/15.

Yep. The 1/21 game was against Bynum. Both guys went off against eachother.

I still stand by my position that we needed a big capable of playing right away and this guy couldn't score outside of 5' to save his life and he was a terrible FT shooter (which I guess would make him fit in quite nicely with this Hawks team since we can't either). He's definitely be a lot better rebounder and shot blocker than I thought he would be though.

• Moderators
I still stand by my position that we needed a big capable of playing right away and this guy couldn't score outside of 5' to save his life and he was a terrible FT shooter (which I guess would make him fit in quite nicely with this Hawks team since we can't either). He's definitely be a lot better rebounder and shot blocker than I thought he would be though.

You rarely get a big man with big upside who is ready to step in and play right away in the second round!

You rarely get a big man with big upside who is ready to step in and play right away in the second round!

I don't disagree with you there at all but my point was that rather than trade for that 2nd rounder when we're right up against the spending limit I'd rather spend those dollars on a veteran big man than a project big. I would gladly take a project big if we had the dollars to spend on him and the time to develop him. Of course as it turned out we used that money to sign Randolph Morris and I think it's safe to assume that Deandre Jordan is already better than Morris so it hasn't worked out too well for us. Morris certainly wasn't the big I had hoped we signed and if I knew at the time he was the best we were going to sign in FA I would have probably tried to get a 2nd rounder to draft a project big instead.