• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jameer Nelson

buckeye242424

Torn Labrum. Ouch. That will sideline him for a long time. I see Orlando making a move. They are not putting this good of a season thusfar in the hands of Anthony Johnson. They aren't going to convert Courtney Lee or Redick either. This is a big blow to the Majic.

I have two small tears in my left labrum. I haven't gotten it repaired because of the recovery period involved.

It's like 6 weeks before you can lift a 5 lb weight with that arm in most cases from what I've read.

It would be 6 months before he could resume normal weight lifting activities.

No thanks. I just won't throw a football or do inclined chest exercises.

I have two small tears in my left labrum. I haven't gotten it repaired because of the recovery period involved.

It's like 6 weeks before you can lift a 5 lb weight with that arm in most cases from what I've read.

It would be 6 months before he could resume normal weight lifting activities.

No thanks. I just won't throw a football or do inclined chest exercises.

Very common injury for swimmers due to repeated over use. Especailly for Butterfliers.

If he truely tore it there is no way he can play basketball if its his right shoulder. He simply could not extend his arm up in the air with his shot follow through. Now if its his left labrum he would have a better chance of playing through it since the left arm does much less work when shooting the ball and its not fully extended on the shot follow through as the right arm is.

I strained or tore mine in June and its just now getting healthy enough to weight train again. (Never went to the Dr. but def should have) I could do curls or tricep exercises since about September but I am just now able to go down to my chest on bench press and can do lighter incline presses. I'm back to 3 sets of 225 lbs with 6 reps. I'm scared to go heavier until I can build the shoulder muscels back up.

The straight arm extensions, to the side and the front, took the longest to exercise again. I'm just now able to do 15 lbs. I was doing 10 reps of 35 lbs before I hurt it in June.

I was year around swimmer for 10 + years so the wear and tear on my shoulders is pretty bad. I really feel for the guy. Its one of those things that takes along time to recover from no matter which route you take invloving surgery or slow re-hab.

Edited by coachx

I got a cortisone shot in mine because it had caused my AC Joint to flare up.

They failed to tell me my I wouldn't be able to lift my arm the next day. Talk about a WTF experience!

Get a 5 lb weight. Turn your thumb down. straighten your arm and lift up. it's like giving a thumbs down motion. that'll help, especially if you feel it a little bit while lifting.

Will Magic Deal For Help At Point Guard?

Orlando's Nelson Has Torn Labrum

Jameer Nelson Dislocates Shoulder Against Mavs

Orlando Magic Archive

Feb 03, 2009 4:56 PM EST

With All-Star point guard Jameer Nelson expected to be out of the lineup for some time with a torn labrum, the Magic could look to acquire help at the position.

Free agent options include Eddie Gill, who is currently playing in the D-League, and Shaun Livingston, who was recently waived by Miami.

Although a deal seems unlikely, Raymond Felton of Charlotte and Earl Watson of Oklahoma City are point guards that might be available.