• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Positives

buckeye242424

There's no doubt in my mind, this fan forum boasts the most die-hard and biggest Hawks fans in the country. That's why I visit everyday. I believe everyone should take a step back and enjoy - not worry about the free throws, bad shots, and bad coaching for just a second. Carpe Diem! Let's just enjoy the current moment and season. It's Friday, the weekends is here, we're 8 games over .500 nearing our 50th game of the season. We have 3 guys representing us on all-star weekend. We actually HAVE meaningful games post all-star festivities that will affect playoff positioning. "Playoff Positioning"...man that sounds good rolling off my tongue...in this case my fingers. Take a moment and appreciate the season our beloved Hawks are having...

You're really not fitting in around here :cheers:

I guess I'm a half glass full guy. I'm happy with the current situation. I can understand all the second guessing and problems with the current team...but that's apples to oranges compared to what it's been like the past decade. Maybe I don't fit in around here, but once in awile, people should appreciate the Hawks more, considering this is where the true fans post...it's discouraging to read post after post of negativity AFTER we WIN a game. Minny was ugly, so what we WON.

I guess I'm a half glass full guy. I'm happy with the current situation.

I'm a half-glass full guy too. The only difference is I can tell when somebody is about to grab my drink and drink it. What I'm saying is you can't just look at the glass and judge it based on what you see. You have to judge it on it's surroundings and determine how long that glass is going to stay full. Right now it looks like the Hawks glass has some holes in it and unfortunatly we're running out of fingers to plug those holes.

I'm a half-glass full guy too. The only difference is I can tell when somebody is about to grab my drink and drink it. What I'm saying is you can't just look at the glass and judge it based on what you see. You have to judge it on it's surroundings and determine how long that glass is going to stay full. Right now it looks like the Hawks glass has some holes in it and unfortunatly we're running out of fingers to plug those holes.

Every team has holes. Every team has issues. I see a 28-20 team, currently 4th in the East. It's just amazing to me that after the dreadful years the hawks have had, and we have a bright spot in 08-09 and it's hardly acknowledged. Still just b*ching and moaning. Oh well, I suppose if we were 48-0, something would still be terribly wrong around here.

• Moderators
I guess I'm a half glass full guy. I'm happy with the current situation. I can understand all the second guessing and problems with the current team...but that's apples to oranges compared to what it's been like the past decade. Maybe I don't fit in around here, but once in awile, people should appreciate the Hawks more, considering this is where the true fans post...it's discouraging to read post after post of negativity AFTER we WIN a game. Minny was ugly, so what we WON.

Absolutely. I was totally kidding and I appreciate your post. I think everyone here does really love the team but I guess its human nature to try to fix what you perceive as things wrong with the team. We're a good team this year and this was kind of the 5 year plan. It hasn't gone perfectly but what plan does.

Our guys have their faults but frankly the starting 5 is an exciting group and they're young. As a group they could grow a lot. When i hear talks of trading Smoove for Kamen or something like that I just think 'man is that really the basketball we want to watch'.

You hear the other teams talk about how atheletic we are. The rest of the league may not fear us now but they fear when we get it figured out

Absolutely. I was totally kidding and I appreciate your post. I think everyone here does really love the team but I guess its human nature to try to fix what you perceive as things wrong with the team. We're a good team this year and this was kind of the 5 year plan. It hasn't gone perfectly but what plan does.

Our guys have their faults but frankly the starting 5 is an exciting group and they're young. As a group they could grow a lot. When i hear talks of trading Smoove for Kamen or something like that I just think 'man is that really the basketball we want to watch'.

You hear the other teams talk about how atheletic we are. The rest of the league may not fear us now but they fear when we get it figured out

You're correct. It is human nature to be the best at whatever you do, and to do so, you need to analyze flaws. I get it. It's just nice to read positive posts about this team every now and then...which is the way it is, instead of focusing mainly on our shortcomings the majority of the time. And as far as talks of trading Smoove, I'm with you there.

I have the league Pass, and it's a broken record every road game. If I had a penny for every time I've heard an opposing team's announcer state "Atlanta's frontcourt, with Josh Smith and Marvin Williams are so athletic and long...they're going to be a force", I'd be rich. Point being, I agree with how were perceived - potential - so, we do need to figure it out...even though I see us much more far along in the process than most...