• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take a look at this......

HawkItus

The injuries we have aren't much when you look at the injuries to the teams we have played. Bogut and Redd are done for the year. Haywood and Arenas haven't played at all. Artest, McGrady and Battier were out when we barely beat Houston. Baron, Kaman and Randolph were out when we beat the Clipps. And so on and on.

Now the Hawks luck is starting to run out and their record is starting to reflect it. Since the end of their 8 game homestand they are 3 games under .500.

Good Lord man. Are we record wise better than those teams?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings?se...dType=standings

Yes, we are. Look at those teams in their last 10 even considering our slump

• Premium Member
The one caviat people made was that their win predictions were always "barring injury". The fact the team has had a significant number of games lost to injury and are still in line to win around 43-45 games suggest that they are underperforming to some degree. Probably not by much, but maybe 3 games.

The counter to the above is that with all the injuries the team just hasn't had a chance to gel and be consistant. Of course, if Woodson had developed the bench then this wouldn't be as much of a problem...but still.

I think this is the major point...

By what standards are the Hawks underperforming?

I don't recall any group proclamating that these Hawks would win 50. The ring leader Exodus could only come up with more than 37 wins. Well, here we stand with 28 wins under our belts and about 34 more games to play. So what is the standard?.. who said it?

I think Johnny came lately and now Johnny wants to complain about what he has seen when we don't have a full compliment of players.

My statement is that when we get our full compliment, we will be better. Maybe not championship level but I think we will win more than we lose.

Good Lord man. Are we record wise better than those teams?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings?se...dType=standings

Yes, we are. Look at those teams in their last 10 even considering our slump

If the Hawks had the injury problems that a lot of our opponents have had we would be in the tank with them. We have had only 2 games all year where we were without 2 starters. In contrast we have played a bunch of games against teams missing two starters. I can think of 3 games (GS, Clipps and Houston) where the other team was missing 3 starters.

You just can't grasp the fact that injuries are a two way street.