• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Flip Contract?

frankthetank966

I had to check that figure to confirm. I can't believe that. Doesn't Arenas get that much for putting on a suit? Ridiculous. Flip and Al are my favs on the squad, and I'd like for them to be paid handsomely. That is a complete steal for a guy who can drop 20 effortlessly. I will personally picket if he isn't re-signed. He's so cool and confident in his skills, and bulldogs his way to the hole after mistakes, turnovers, or ill-advised shots. He has a great sense of atonement while staying aggressive, plays well within himself, and is a better defender than given credit for. He has a very high basketball I.Q. and seems to have his hand on the pulse of the game flow at all times. He talks to his teammates more than I thought. He is also well-respected by the rest of the league. And his three ball rolls in so soft and pretty. Seeing the game live, Joe's body language is considerably more relaxed and confident when on the floor with Flipper. I suspect he knows that is the only way the backcourt can finish at the rim (I'm still waiting for Joe to dunk in traffic this year) while keeping an opposing guard defended better than Bibby can. Hopefully all of you will have the privelige to hear my obnoxious "Flipper!" hollers somewhere in the Club Level. Aaaahh!

I know we are in a hellish recession, but please, let's hit these games if at all possible. I enjoy myself exponentially more than going to some silly club or a lame movie. The crowd was positively surprising for the Wizards game. A lot of tasty ladies on deck to check out, of course when your lady friend ain't looking. Let's take it back to the hood: stash food in your girl's purse (the big joints that the door crew don't feel like searching), and by all means, bring your own liquor. You'll save like, $100.

Edited by benhillboy

It just amazes me how a player like Flip gets paid 5 times less than Speedy. When we signed Speedy he was coming from a 12 point and 4.5 assist season in 29 min. He is supposed to be a good defender, but injury prone also.

Flip averaged 11 and 3.5 in 22 min last season.

Not fair, especially when one is sitting on the bench and not helping the team.

It just amazes me how a player like Flip gets paid 5 times less than Speedy. When we signed Speedy he was coming from a 12 point and 4.5 assist season in 29 min. He is supposed to be a good defender, but injury prone also.

Flip averaged 11 and 3.5 in 22 min last season.

Not fair, especially when one is sitting on the bench and not helping the team.

For a few reasons. One is that Speedy was a terrific defensive PG and it was thought that he was ready to lead his own team after playing pretty well behind Chris Paul. He also just happened to abuse the Hawks that season as well. Another reason is because you know what you're going to get with Flip, a guy that is a bench player who takes some shots that he shouldn't and he's a guy that won't fit well in a structured offense. It's a shame that Speedy is getting paid so much more but if he had stayed healthy I think we'd consider his contract to be reasonable based on the numbers he put up as a backup to Paul.