• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Bottom Line Is...

TskOoOo

This team is not good enough to challenge the #1-3 teams in the East.

The Hawks are good, play well at home, and are very athletic, but this does not translate into anything. We have no consistent 2nd scoring option and probably no 1st consistent scoring option.

If Sund is serious at all about winning, this summer he better dangle a package of Josh Smith (BYC will be up), Speedy (expiring), a 1st rounder, & trash / 2nd rounder for: Amare, Bosh, Nowitzki, or a lesser deal for someone like Zach Randolph. I.E. we need a post presence.

I don't buy into this garbage that we're still young. You can give Smoove or Marvin 5 more years to mature since they're just so young and they'll barely be better than they are now. I have no idea in hell why Marvin doesn't drive the ball to the basket more.

This team will not compete for a championship and you all know it

Yep you're right it's garbage that we're young, even though it's an indisputable fact that we are. And of course they won't be better than they are now in 5 years, even though they've gotten slightly better every year individually which has been a nice improvement a lot collectively.

As to the rational part of your post yes we do need a post presence and I'm sure that will be something Sund looks to take care of in the offseason. He's said from day 1 that he will wait until the offseason before his decides the future of the team and I wouldn't be shocked to see him move any of the starters.

This team can only beat the most mediocre teams in the league. It's that simple. Which is where they were at this time last year. You take away the 6-0 start and the 8 game home stand and what have the Hawks done this year that they didn't do last year?

NOTHING. Right now, this team looks just as it did at this time last year. With the exception of 2 little streaks, this team is playing just as they did last year. If you look deeply, they haven't made much progress. Not as much as you think.

Truthfully, until this team starts playing better I'm not watching a full game again this year. If I'm bored enough I check out bits and pieces, but I haven't watched an entire game since they blew that lead to New Jersey in Jan.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

You take away Boston's 19 game win streak and they are way worse than last year.

Boston plays like a good team and the Hawks don't. 2 Steaks aside, the Hawks are the same terrible team they were a year ago. They play the same way they played last season and they sucked last season. You take away Boston's 19 game winning streak and they're still better than the Hawks. The Hawks are supposed to be a young improving team, but they're not making much progress when you look deeply into it.

This team is going to probably go from about 37 wins to about 44 or so. If they had Bibby for the full year last year they might have won the same number of games that they're probably going to win this year. They haven't improved much. The Hawks are the young team that is supposed to improving and they're not improving much.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Boston plays like a good team and the Hawks don't. 2 Steaks aside, the Hawks are the same terrible team they were a year ago. They play the same way they played last season and they sucked last season. You take away Boston's 19 game winning streak and they're still better than the Hawks. The Hawks are supposed to be a young improving team, but they're not making much progress when you look deeply into it.

LOL I agree To even mention Boston's 19 game winning streak is pathetic. The Hawks really are not a good team.

LOL I agree To even mention Boston's 19 game winning streak is pathetic. The Hawks really are not a good team.

Alot of the problems is front office and ownership. Terrible in those area's has resulted in poor gm's and poor coaches. It's hard to be a good team when the people at the top are bad.

Boston's time will be over soon, but for the Hawks to improve the core of this team is going to have to change because the team as is doesn't have the potential to be a top team in the conference. The next step can be taken, but it's going to take some trades to get there aswell as a coaching change. Bring in somebody that has had some experience winning as a head coach. This team hasn't had an experienced head coach in a decade.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Take away the good stretches and we're as good as we were last year! Brilliant!

Outside of those two stretches what have they done? Blown a big lead to NJ, get blown out by Orlando, get blown out by the Clippers, barely beat Houston missing 3 starters etc... Outside of those two streaks the only teams they've beaten with winning records are: Miami, Detroit and the Rockets.

Ownership is going to have to get a coach and made some trades this off season.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Outside of those two stretches what have they done? Blown a big lead to NJ, get blown out by Orlando, get blown out by the Clippers, barely beat Houston missing 3 starters etc... Outside of those two streaks the only teams they've beaten with winning records are: Miami, Detroit and the Rockets.

Take away every team's two best stretches and see how impressive their season is.

Edited by High5

You don't take away teams "streaks" because those were the stretches in which they WERE playing great. It's ignorant to emphasize the bad parts of a teams season while ignoring the good ones. Bottom line is there are 82 games and they all count equally.

As for us being "lucky" for having a big home stand, we've played 30 road games and 25 at home so your point is irrelevant since we've been away from home much more. Other than the big home stand, we've 30 road games and 17 at home.

It's amazing that some refuse to accept the OBVIOUS. The obvious being that this isn't a good team. Two streaks of playing above your head doesn't make you good. More so the 6-0 start.

The Hawks are the 4th best team in the East. Whether that's good or bad to you whatever. (obviously bad to you, they could go 98-0 and you'd say they were terrible and pray for their immediate deaths)

But if you take away all of our bad stretches we're a great team.

Edited by High5

The Hawks are the 4th best team in the East. Whether that's good or bad to you whatever. (obviously bad to you, they could go 98-0 and you'd say they were terrible and pray for their immediate deaths)

But if you take away all of our bad stretches we're a great team.

The Hawks only having two good stretches is a large part of the point.

Look at the teams below the Hawks... None of them are good. Good teams don't go 2 months without beating a good team. Detroit is not a good team. They've lost 15-21 and are basically a team hoping to get better this summer. You can't win them all, but if you look at the Hawks season what the Hawks are sticks out like a sore thumb.

This team is not good enough to challenge the #1-3 teams in the East.

The Hawks are good, play well at home, and are very athletic, but this does not translate into anything. We have no consistent 2nd scoring option and probably no 1st consistent scoring option.

If Sund is serious at all about winning, this summer he better dangle a package of Josh Smith (BYC will be up), Speedy (expiring), a 1st rounder, & trash / 2nd rounder for: Amare, Bosh, Nowitzki, or a lesser deal for someone like Zach Randolph. I.E. we need a post presence.

I don't buy into this garbage that we're still young. You can give Smoove or Marvin 5 more years to mature since they're just so young and they'll barely be better than they are now. I have no idea in hell why Marvin doesn't drive the ball to the basket more.

This team will not compete for a championship and you all know it

LMAO first off I agree that this team isnt built for a championship, duh. But if u think we cant put up a fight with the top 3 teams after what we showed last year against the Celtics than I dont know what to tell you.

We are better than last year...more confident..and played well against all 3 of those teams this year. Against the top 3 teams Hawks are 2-4(2 close,tough losses to the Celtics, losing to Cavs on the road without Smoove) only blowout was against the Magic in Orlando. We arent gonna win the whole thing but to say we cant challenge them and put up a fight is nonsense and we've heard those words going into the playoffs last year.

This team does disappoint sometimes but I think thats because some people expect too much out of the Hawks. We are a 2nd round team at best. But we have still come a long way. Its all about progress